whites pi 1000 x2. quatro , ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too am not sure about the new setup and am learning different features. I miss a spell checker.

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you on this one. I liked the old format it was simple, like me, now I cant even get it to mark threads I've read as read, it used to change color so I knew I had already read it. Now I dont know what I've read so after viewing only a few threads I give up and go somewhere else.

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And whats with the banner? ... SHOULDNT IT BE THE TOP 2 INCHES OF THE SCREEN ALL THE WAY ACROSS ? ..I never made banner, been on this site for 5yrs, came close a few times, lol. ..I just think the more historical or valuble finds need thier special place at the top. yup, the old format was much better, in many ways.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the old format far better also. It was very simple to use and navigate. I look at it like this: it's free, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Someone is paying for it and it isn't me, so my vote don't count.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
agree somewhat. well alot really. some things I like and some I don't. Like before you would get subscribed to threads you posted in. I can't even find them now. lost. and on slow satellite it takes too long to find stuff. oh well.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i loved t net before but now lacking in computer knowhow & a poor memory i just cant find very much that i want to , am very confused with the new set up , will try to understand .
dont want to go to other foram but may have to , pity . slak jak.

calisdad - agree somewhat. well alot really. some things I like and some I don't. Like before you would get subscribed to threads you posted in. I can't even find them now. lost. and on slow satellite it takes too long to find stuff. oh well.

slak jak - I'm still looking around to find everything myself. If you can't find something just ask, we'll try to locate it for you.

calisdad - I'm attaching a couple pics. One shows the dropdown for subscribing to a thread. The other shows the link to go to your subscribed threads.

Also, if you've posted to a thread and wish to follow it but can't find it, click on the "My Posts" tab above and then go thru your posts to find it.

Attachments

• subscribe to thread.PNG
    subscribe to thread.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 102
  • subscribed threads.PNG
    subscribed threads.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 104

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do we have to suscribe to a thread we post in, if we post in it, it should show up under "my posts" plain and simple...... I have made posts that dont show up under "my posts"..... I have to go look for them.......

Yes, and it does (or should), but that doesn't mean that you automatically are subscribed to the thread and receiving notifications of responses and such.

Your posts that are not showing up under "my posts". This started to happen after the changeover? Do you have an example I can show Admin, there may be a glitch they need to check out. Your posts, unless deleted, should absolutely show up under "my posts".

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do we have to suscribe to a thread we post in, if we post in it, it should show up under "my posts" plain and simple...... I have made posts that dont show up under "my posts"..... I have to go look for them.......

My mistake, looks like I was wrong, it just takes forever for it to show up................

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My mistake, looks like I was wrong, it just takes forever for it to show up................

Okay. I haven't noticed that, but I also wasn't watching for it either. I'll have to take note.

Del Norte

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2012
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has taken some time, but the more I explore the more I get used to it. Like a new car, stereo, Ipad, Iphone, just have to learn what is here.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Okay. I haven't noticed that, but I also wasn't watching for it either. I'll have to take note.

Interesting. It looks as if perhaps it updates the "my posts" link at certain time intervals. My posts to you, TH, have not been added to "my posts" yet, but I got the following info when I just clicked it - 12 minutes ago- :

"Search took 0.13 seconds; generated 12 minute(s) ago."

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Diggin- I actually found it before I saw your post. It just takes a little navigation on the users part.
Now, When we return to a thread we've read is there a 'go to first new post'? so we don't have to scroll thru the whole thread. Seems nitpicky I know, but with a slow satellite connection it does take some time (and I pay $80 a month for slow). thanks- C-dad

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Diggin- I actually found it before I saw your post. It just takes a little navigation on the users part.
Now, When we return to a thread we've read is there a 'go to first new post'? so we don't have to scroll thru the whole thread. Seems nitpicky I know, but with a slow satellite connection it does take some time (and I pay $80 a month for slow). thanks- C-dad

Well, I'm not sure how to answer the "go to first new post" question since it seems I've been put in various places when returning to a thread.

Two questions that I'm posing to Admin after I finish with this reply:

1) Can a button be added (like we used to have) that when clicked would put us back into a previously read thread at the point at which we left off?
Such as if we last read reply #12, we would be put at #13.

2) Can the color of threads we've read be changed once we've clicked them? Previously we had purple colored text, this would change to gray when clicked. Crankyolman mentioned this a few posts back. The bold red does turn to non-bold red and the little folder gets grayed out but it seems to me that it reverts when a new post is made.

I'll reply with answers, unless Admin posts about it first. :thumb_up:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your correct Diggin, it was a lot easier to tell the threads read when they turned grey Vs the lighter red...... Also nice when you returned to the thread at the same place you were....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
slak jak said:
i loved t net before but now lacking in computer knowhow & a poor memory i just cant find very much that i want to , am very confused with the new set up , will try to understand .
dont want to go to other foram but may have to , pity . slak jak.

I know what you mean. I find it harder to understand now too. Best to pick a thread that you haven't been on before and note the color of the folder on the left side. Make a comment and post it. Then get out of tnet and enter again to go back where you commented and note the color of the folder.

good Luck,
Sandman

BeachComber7

May 12, 2012
Treasure Coast-Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer and Tesoro deLeon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here Cranky, i cannot find posts I posted or posts i have replied to some times. I was just searching for one i replied to, and saw I misspoke and wanted to send a corrected post but i could not find it!!
And when i get a reply or Like to my post, it would be nice if the new ones are in color so i don't have to hunt thru to see who commented and what the date is. Crazy!

BeachComber7

May 12, 2012
Treasure Coast-Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer and Tesoro deLeon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin don't forget spellchecker! That would eb quite handy as i type fast and always make a mistake.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here Cranky, i cannot find posts I posted or posts i have replied to some times. I was just searching for one i replied to, and saw I misspoke and wanted to send a corrected post but i could not find it!!
And when i get a reply or Like to my post, it would be nice if the new ones are in color so i don't have to hunt thru to see who commented and what the date is. Crazy!

If you go to the icon "my posts" it will lis t every post you have made, if you hit "subscribe" it gives you a list of threads you have subscribed to if you want to follow a thread you have not posted in.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread