Um.. Did I Miss This Topic Area?.. (New Suggestion)

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"unofficial".....they're probably some pro's out there...lol
but since you mentioned it, i found an old set of golf clubs(5 with wooden shafts)with an old somewhat rotted golf bag in a rural dumpster a couple years ago. i did research them and they weren't anything valuable. but i listed them on ebay and sold them for $150.

what did you find? and maybe they could list your dumpster find catagory under garage sale finds...it's kinda the same don't you think?

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably because the majority of people don't dig in garbage.

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your right, but what if you just happen to notice something while you are throwing your own garbage. would you still be considered a diver? do you look in when you open the lid? i know of a few people who do try to make a living from it, they have thier rounds and everything and then they have garage sales. so would it still be worthy of a topic heading....probably not and file under "everythin else"

OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, found a small fish bowl.. some porcelain vases with a tag on them saying (Art of Choken) even found a walmart xmas gift card which still had $25.00 on it.. so I bought some blank CD's. I mean hey, if you put trash our by the road.. then it's fare game.. most in the area know I'm a diver anyway..

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As an unofficial Dumpster Diver.. I was wondering why there isn't a Dumpster Driving category here?..

This used to be part of the Garage Sale catagory. Maybe the could change the heading to Garage Sales / Dumpster Diving etc.

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go there wizard.... kinda makes me want to go out and lift a few lids.....not. but it makes it motivating now that theres a co-catagory. but i still look before i toss so who knows i might have a post soon.

treasure is anywhere you feel like looking.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions