Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Idk if this has ever been asked before, but you know what would be really cool? An online photo gallery, akin to the Banner strip, but sort of categorizing ALL the pictures and information into one place. Members could submit finds to the museum moderators for display, and the images and information would be retained permanently for future reference regardless of what happens to the object.

It'd be really awesome to take a virtual "walk" through the museum exhibits of MDers' Revolutionary War relic and numismatic finds, or see all the Civil War bullet and cannonball types anyone has ever found. My line of thinking is that the site would be set up sort of like an e-retail store site, where you can browse by category or type, then click on the title or photo to see more images or history/discovery information about the item.

Not something that would be easy to build in order for it to look decent, but something to consider for the future, I guess. As it is now, someone finds something, posts it, gets a few replies, tosses it in a bucket or display case and it's forgotten (or until some really bored member finds the OP in the archives) or it's sold and lost for further analysis forever.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An Online Museum would be totally awesome, Jon, but a lot of work. I would think that the museum
would tend to be biased on the viewpoint of the moderator(s) rather than be objective.

What would happen to the museum if TNet ceased to be or was purchased by someone else?

If anyone has the archived pictures, with the original postings from the late Norman Garnush on his Golden Olde web site (which no longer exists) please please send me a PM as I would love to have them. The pictures were removed and cannot be seen on wayback archive. Hopefully, one or more Tnet members have saved them on their hard drive or archived them on a CD.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We already have close to that now. If you go to the dark red box to right of the banner and click the double arrow you can see all the banner finds we have records of, due to a server crash about 7 years ago some were lost, but you can see the last 7 years worth of banner finds.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread