Chat window (live)

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
It would be great to have a live chat window to quickly discuss or ask questions regarding metal detecting with others who are online. I use ventrillo while playing video games and just log in to listen to others talking about the games were playing. A feature like that would be awesome too for all of us who like talking about MDing in general. just my thoughts...I'm really bored today.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean like a, shoutbox? Multiple people can join into a conversation in real time?

If so, that would be extremely hard to have with over 40,000 members... we have one on our MMA site and it's hard to follow when 3-5 people are using it.. Just my 2cents if that's what you were referring to

OP
OP
scrapdoggie

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
Yes that's it, a shout box with different channels per subject. Or better yet a different shout box per forum topic so only people in that specific area will follow conversations. Your probably correct though. So many people would be in TODAY'S FINDS that holding a conversation may be difficult. It would be a great way for moderators to quickly answer questions or direct people in the right direction. Just my thoughts.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One shoutbox can take up quite a bit of bandwidth so multiple ones could potentially eat up a ton... We considered getting rid of the shoutbox on our forum to encourage more active posting but people would miss it too much since they like to talk play-by-play during sporting events

OP
OP
scrapdoggie

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
That's me in a nut shell. I play all the fantasy sports sites and constantly chat. You should of heard me during the Patriots loss last week....God! I'm still so mad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread