Hey repeat posters - could you save some space for the rest of us!!

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about "Marking your post Solved" there have been less "Solved" lately. I have gone through a bunch that are "Solved" and no "Solved"

The problem is that you can't mark solved on T-Net mobile. They should really fix that! I end up forgetting about them! I need to go through my old ones tonight and mark them solved on the computer!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not grasping what you're trying to say. I don't see anyone hogging this thread, I'm seeing posts all the way to Friday still on the 1st page. I want to say you probably need to adjust your settings. Thread Display Options - # of posts to show per page, do you have your's set @ 5? set it @ 30 or 50. Default thread age cut off (should show all threads). On top of it all, your post is in the wrong thread.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm not looking to decrease traffic or any of the other absurd retorts that have been offered here. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask folks to combine a couple of pics or posts into one,...
Welcome. I havent read all the complaints or replies but I prefer 1 item per thread in this forum.

I havent been here for a while but it would seem to me that interesting items will stay on top and junk will get buried and forgotten. Its possible that the researchers are baffled and there will be no replies but then you must bump it up on occasion..

Last edited:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The problem is that you can't mark solved on T-Net mobile. They should really fix that! I end up forgetting about them! I need to go through my old ones tonight and mark them solved on the computer!

Thats another good reason to post 1 item per thread. Its very hard to solve 6 different items. These types of threads will never be marked solved. 1 item per thread is best IMO.

oops maybe Im posting too much....

Last edited:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
....from my observations.....a female in your Avatar will glean you all knds of attention......
Ha Ha. I have seen men make complete fools of themselves trying to help a pretty picture lol.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then you're not reading it correctly. You have to look on the right at the date and time of the last post. On a slow day, you might see a post from the day before. Typically, all the activity is within the past several hours. Most of which is from people bumping their own three or four posts. If you don't believe me, just look at the names.

We are a forum with constant activity. A good forum needs constant posts...

Are you aware you can set how many posts appear per page?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
BC,

Good to see you back posting....hope your season in the swamp has been relaxing.....Gary

Thanks. . I havent left yet. I leave in about 3 weeks. Been busy working eBay my only source of income..

atprolen

Jul 25, 2013
Northern michigan
Detector(s) used
Ace350. At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I did something wrong. Sorry. New to this and only posted one pin hope iam not the reason for the repost comment. As I do enjoy looking at this page and like looking at all the post. Guess I won't post anymore. Again sorry

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
If I did something wrong. Sorry. New to this and only posted one pin hope iam not the reason for the repost comment. As I do enjoy looking at this page and like looking at all the post. Guess I won't post anymore. Again sorry

LOL I seriously doubt you are the reason for his comments. There is nothing to worry about. Welcome to TN.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
And you're correct, I could bump my own post and skip ahead of somebody else, if I want to stay on here all day, but like many, I don't have time. I work , I have a family and in my spare time I enjoy my hobby. Occasionally I find something interesting that's unknown to me and I look to the folks with expertise on this forum, as I'm sure many do. I'll post in the evening and check back the next day only to find my post two or three pages down. I don't know about you, but I generally only look at the first page of posts - maybe two, if I have time. I would assume many of you do the same. So a one or two page bump can mean the difference in getting your question answered or not.
The solution is not to tell others to limit their posting.

Here is a solution. Click on "My Posts" at the top of the page and then "Subscribed Threads" and you will not have to search for your threads. They will all be listed for you on one page with the newest on top.. Try it, it works for me..

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This post has been going for longer than what you said up front, and right now I'm sending it right back to the top. If you post something that is interesting or something really stupid, it gets action and replies, keeping your post at the top. It also helps to post it in the proper forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You did nothing wrong.... Right now what is it forum displays last 36 hours on 1st page for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

atprolen

Jul 25, 2013
Northern michigan
Detector(s) used
Ace350. At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I seriously doubt you are the reason for his comments. There is nothing to worry about. Welcome to TN.

Thanks. This is a great site and enjoy all the new finds. I ain't going to leave it because of one person. Again. Thanks

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seriously not trying to be a d**k or a whiner here... really - but could you please not hog the first page with all of your posts? Some of us on here post one question once in a while that we'd like to have answered. Unfortunately, we get bumped to the second or third page within a hour or so because some of you are placing two, three, four or more posts within that amount of time. As a result, no one sees our posts and our questions go unanswered. Kindly limit your number of posts or limit it to potentially significant finds instead of every scrap of metal slag you pull out of the ground.

Thank you for understanding. Now let the hate mail begin.:icon_salut:

Wow, just found this post while I was browsing the backpages.....:laughing7:

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was the first person to reply to the Original Poster (ATDigger) in this discussion-thread. I asked him "How many posts show on page 1 as viewed on your screen?" I think that is the key to the problem he posted about. But although he has made several replies, he never answered that question.

As I also indicated in my reply, I've got my TreasureNet "Settings" configured to display 50 thread-starting posts per page. If he has got his Settings configured to display only 5 or 10 posts per page, then yes, posts which are only an hour or two old could get "pushed" down the postings-list onto page 2 of whatever forum he is viewing. But unfortunately, he never answered the question "How many posts show on page 1 as viewed on your screen?"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread