Hey repeat posters - could you save some space for the rest of us!!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should have something different, or interesting to say.....Many posts are simply the same as other's and skipped over, title you post introduction with something catching, and I think you will see the difference. Gary

Good point, I like to title my post with an idea of what is inside, if it was a todays find, I'd say "big Silver" not "another day at the park" Which if I was surfing, wouldn't waste my time clicking on.

similarly in the what is it forum, I'd say, "help with iron relic" "what type of button" not just "can you help" Depending on peoples connection, it takes time to click, and load a page, and time is precious to everyone.

I would say, and maybe this guy is talking about this, there is a thread that has been on page one for 3 months, and another that has FINALLY gone away after 5 months. They both were mostly perpetuated by the same small group of members. I for one got pretty sick of seeing them. ESP. because there was no new information worth reading after page one.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a newcomer with only 17 posts under your belt, ironically- four of which are spent here crabbing about hogging the board, you certainly are opinionated.

Another real good point, he could move onto a forum with less activity.

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an opinion about "newcomers". Evidently "new" status depends on number of posts. I'm still a greenie though I've been a member since 2004. I just haven't posted much. To change that, I guess I'll just have to do a lot of double, triple and quadruple posts! :laughing7::dontknow:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an opinion about "newcomers". Evidently "new" status depends on number of posts. I'm still a greenie though I've been a member since 2004. I just haven't posted much. To change that, I guess I'll just have to do a lot of double, triple and quadruple posts! :laughing7::dontknow:

Posting is not discouraged here. Your question will help others. I don't have time or patience to read a 30 page post of mostly folks guessing or fighting. Its nice to rehash things. But you will be reading a very long time if you want to read the vault and will gain a lot of good info too. I like the soap opera on some forums and join in myself. I do try to obey the rules and don't find the site over moderated even though I have disagreed in a pm a few times. You really have to mess up here and be a total looser to get banned most cases. There is tool option where you can ignore a post or even a whole thread. But there is a thread to just about every subject thunting. Those other forums could learn a little by tnet. Unfortunately I am banned from a few so while my opinion didn't count there, I am always welcomed here. I rarely see anyone here bashed for asking for help here. Wish some folks would take their meds before they post LOL. I know a Guy who stays banned and you just need to watch the forums to know who he is. Don't be that Guy LOL. So did you get a answer to your question yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread