Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't delete Post or Edit Misspelled Title

I misspelled a word in the title to a thread I posted. I tried to edit it. Can't. I tried to delete the entire thread (no replies yet) can't. What happened to the delete feature and why isn't there an option to edit a word in the title? http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...rafts-era-copper-vaee-hallmark-id-needed.html

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I misspelled a word in the title to a thread I posted. I tried to edit it. Can't. I tried to delete the entire thread (no replies yet) can't. What happened to the delete feature and why isn't there an option to edit a word in the title? http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...rafts-era-copper-vaee-hallmark-id-needed.html

Members can edit or delete any of their posts except the original post in a thread they start. They can edit the original post but can't delete it or change or edit title once it is posted.

Members do not have the software privileges to do so, software only allows mods or admins to do so.

Editing title was lost when format changed to new software.

If members could delete opening posts it would destroy the integrity of the forums, any member who got angry would start deleting their posts which deletes whole threads and any posts that followed which would delete a lot of valuable info.

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of stupid that you can't edit a spelling error in your title, or delete a brand new thread with no replies or views even, for that matter. There should be a short window of opportunity to allow for this imo. I usually catch my own typo's. I don't like misspelled words.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Title Edited, Fixed :icon_thumleft:

When needing a title Fixed, Send me a request along with

Link

and full description of what you want Changed.

As you see above once I change Title all past Links to thread
no longer work.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the way the software is.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha. I try not to bother you guys/gals, you have enough to do.

Wasn't trying to be sarcastic, it is just the way the software is designed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread