Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings, Everyone.

I'm not much of a troublemaker, but as a paying member, I think I should be heard about the banner voting system. Please understand that this is from my perspective but there may be others that agree. Here is the scenario. We just had a banner voted in, yet only one person says in the thread that it should be a banner find. All well and good, but seems like there are more verbal negative votes than there are more positive votes. The find went banner anyway. Something is wrong with the voting system.

If we, the members of this forum were all in a room to vote by a show of hands, the no votes would also get to vote. Why cant we do that now? Just saying, but this IS America, right? Shouldn't the naysayers have a chance to be heard as well?

I'd like to suggest that the banner vote be revised so that we can cast a yay or nay. Why not? :dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because I don't think it would be fair to our Members.

It is Obvious to me there is a certain "Faction" here who think they know everything.
And If they don't like something they start a unnecessary attack.

All it will do is serve to cause Hard feelings for some &
possibly cause members to leave.

Voting needs to be Silent.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
instead I suggest we Give Persons who make verbal negative votes 2 week Vacation :thumbsup:
and if those verbal negative votes cause a Member to leave 1 Year vacation

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Members can already cast a nay vote by not voting at all...

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Personally I think those that want CHANGE just crave attention. Why do you feel there is favoritism to others?
Yes this is America but this is a forum...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Personally I think those that want CHANGE just crave attention. Why do you feel there is favoritism to others?
Yes this is America but this is a forum...

Look. Everyone. I'm going to drop it. I can't fight the status quo here, and I'm just a nobody that raised a question. I'm out.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look. Everyone. I'm going to drop it. I can't fight the status quo here, and I'm just a nobody that raised a question. I'm out.
Higgy your not a nobody...

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...we all know this is just a website right? It's a place to share our finds and learn about things..I don't look at as a place to judge or be the most popular...yea, I would love to find a "Banner" find..but have it scrolling across the screen isn't what I would be excited about..it would be what I found.

jambone

Jan 26, 2013
Skunkington Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why can't people just be excited that someone had a banner find? What does it hurt? Why rain on someone's parade?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hig, Your a Member of TreasureNet !

you have as Much a Right to Ask your Questions as
every member here has the right to Earn a Banner,
even if Everyone dosn't agree.

being a member here makes you as Special as Everyone else here, you raised a question,
I answered it the best I could .

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it's why we don't have an "unlike" or "thumbs down" button.
Seems, there's enough negativity in the world and always some miserable person, looking for company or trying to create more of it.
It's also kinda hurtful, one says something witty, bright, or intelligent, then sees a "thumbs down" on their posts, it just spreads a 'not-so-good' feeling.

Like the old saying: If you can't say something nice....... (but I do understand the need for informative and factual info exchange, just hate seeing ppl bash each other, no need for it, usually)

just my .02

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just do what I do and use the app. Banners mean nothing to me because I don't see them on the app. Outta sight outta mind lol

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it makes someone's day, week, month, or year, then a banner that I wouldn't have voted for is alright by me. I think there is a fine balance of keeping this site informative and exciting for it's members. What may be considered a banner in my part of the country, wouldn't get a second look in yours. This is not a competition or fashion show, just a bunch of people who are nuts about detecting.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess it's why we don't have an "unlike" or "thumbs down" button.
Seems, there's enough negativity in the world and always some miserable person, looking for company or trying to create more of it.
It's also kinda hurtful, one says something witty, bright, or intelligent, then sees a "thumbs down" on their posts, it just spreads a 'not-so-good' feeling.

Like the old saying: If you can't say something nice....... (but I do understand the need for informative and factual info exchange, just hate seeing ppl bash each other, no need for it, usually)

just my .02

I, for one, am glad we don't have the thumbs down symbol. I don't think Jeff Gordon would be so determined to take the title of " most dislikes " away from me, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread