Any Interest in Full Articles about Metal Detecting?

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Is there any interest by Treasure Net members and visitors for full articles about metal detecting? Are there members who would be willing to write such articles? As a retired Scientist, article writing is in my genes. I am very interested in articles with supporting data about the theory behind various types of detectors, which frequencies work best for which metals, how phase shifts are used to identify targets, how altering pulse frequency in PI machines affect target detection based on type of metal, the interplay between VLF frequency and detector depth and target detection, how coil size affects depth, etc. I am currently working on a research article about how long those coins you found on the beach have been there? The preliminary results might surprise you! Currently, there are no avenues at TreasureNet to publish full articles on metal detecting, at least I am not aware of any. Comments? I am willing to post the research article on how long coins have been lost of the beach before discovery on TreasureNet IF such a venue exists. Would love to hear from other interested MDers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions