North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's Finds -------> Recent Finds

I was thinking that you should consider changing the forum title from Today's Finds to Recent Finds. It seems silly for the moderators to waste their time trying to police which finds where found "Today" and which weren't As far as I can tell Today's Finds is the most heavily visited site and obviously the TNET members that post want to been seen and we can't always post our finds the same day that they are made. In fact I am willing to bet the the majority of finds posted on Today's finds are not found the same day that they are posted. There is no added special excitement or value to the fact that something was found today or a week ago.

I'm sure this suggestion will be scoffed at and disregarded but if you think about it I feel like it is a great idea.

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I'm new to this forum and when I first posted, I did so under that heading, even though the finds were 'recent' and not 'today's', as I figured it was closest to what I was going for. I thought it was a little... not confusing, but silly maybe, to have it limited to 'today'. Jeez, I don't even get to the computer every day 'cause I'm out hunting for treasures! (and no way I'm getting a 'smart' phone to carry with me... my dumb phone is annoying enough)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not strictly just "today's finds", if you read this sticky...
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/403755-todays-finds-not-todays-posts.html

you'll see
"it is understandable we do not have a Yesterdays finds or last hunts finds section
so it is OK to post your "finds" from the last time you were out."

I've posted finds from the previous day, and even the previous couple of days after being on a trip, and have seen many such posts. Have also seen posts like "these are my finds from the last 3 hunts" as an example.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread