Treasurenet not a secure site.

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit I'm no computer wiz but I'm wondering why this shows up as not a secured website on my search bar? This is the only website that does it that I can tell. I don't like it but am I just paranoid or does anyone else worry about that type of thing? It really bothers me, someone please explain.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It bothers me as well.

Nicksan

Nov 17, 2005
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Stock and 6" coils
Whites M6 & MXT, Super 12 & 6x8 Detech coils
Miccus Bluetooth headphones & Ratphones
Lesche
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only secure websites are those whose URL begins with HTTPS, S being the key.
Like when you login to a bank website, Etc...

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the site does not sell anything it need not be a secure site.

Why pay $100 a year for a secure site when you don't need it.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I look at it is, Nothing is really secure. Banks are hacked, Governments are hacked, cars, cell phones, so enjoy what you want to enjoy(this site) and stress over really important stuff like when will you be able to go out and hunt again. Ive said it for years, if someone steals my identity, I'm going to be rich, because after they find out how screwed up I am, I'm going to charge them thousands of dollars to take me back.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There is nothing to worry about. Just don't post any personal info like bank account, credit card or SSN info. You'll be fine.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing to worry about. Just don't post any personal info like bank account, credit card or SSN info. You'll be fine.

No problem! I already gave that info to that Nigerian Prince who is going to send me millions!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this...

500x_computervirus.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You ain't right man.:laughing7::laughing9::laughing7::3some:Your bride must gave you an extreme roundhouse kick to the head.:laughing7:

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I find that a snuggly fitting tin foil hats does me fine, the only place they can get me is the microwave oven and I try to steer clear of that sorcery all together!!!

OP
OP
treasuresalvor

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I did try that and the condom broke. The reason I was paranoid is because I have had my network hacked. I realize any information you put on a public forum is then forever public information.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Eleven Cents

Nov 30, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Using plain HTTP means that your password is transmitted over the network in plain text. The only consequence of this is that someone who controls a router between you and TN could discover your password and impersonate you on this site. If you're using the same password elsewhere... don't do that! You should never reuse passwords even on HTTPS sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread