robbonz

Jun 15, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Whites 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I"m new here and hope this is the place to post this question.

I purchased an unused etrac on eBay. I was told that the box was only opened once, but never used. I received the box, but there was no instruction book. That is not a big issues as I can get the PDF from the minelab site. My question is if the box comes standard with the rechargeable battery pack? The only one in the box was the AAA battery holder and no charger or chargeable battery.

Any input you all can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Robbon! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

Now - FWIW - I have purchased two different MD's and they came without batteries (or charger).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should include rechargeable battery and charger, here is list of included accessories.

Factory Included Accessories:

USB 2.0 Cable
Detector Stand
11" DD Search Coil
UR-30 Headphones
110V NiHM Wall Charger
E-TRAC Xchange Software
11" DD Search Coil Cover
8AA Battery Holder (E-Series)
NiMH 1600mah 9.6V Battery Pack (E-Series)

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It sounds a little fishy that the unused Minelab Etrac metal detector did not come with a rechargeable battery and charger! You might want to check with Minelab to make sure that your' Etrac is genuine and not a Chinese knockoff. If it is a knockoff and hasn't been too long to file a dispute with PayPal and eBay, you might get your' money refunded.

Eyeball

Oct 15, 2018
North Bay area
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, sold.
Garrett Ace 250.
Minelab Excal II.
Playing with a Garrett XL-500, it got wet.
Minelab Nox-600.
Garrett pinpointer Pro, Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good advice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread