if you buy a lifetime membership just make sure you don't get banned :tongue3:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
ah man! banned for life would suck! I will be good, I promise!! :wink: Actually Jim has a good point....many of us would like to have a lifetime membership considered and several have asked about buying gift charter memberships for other people. Would be cool if we could find out an answer! C'mon Marc....what ya say??

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
In that someone here on TNET was extremely kind to me by buying my Charter membership for me.......I agree with MJ and Cyn. But....I also agree with Buckleboy.........dang...did I say that??? LOL just kidding.....LOL He does make a good point in that it would really be bad to purchase a lifetime membership....and then get banned.

Aside from that point....I think it is a good idea. Something that would attract more paying membership....yet...not be too out-of-the-world expensive.

--Mel

borninok

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
borninok said:
I also agree with Buckleboy.........dang...did I say that??? LOL just kidding.....LOL He does make a good point in that it would really be bad to purchase a lifetime membership....and then get banned.

--Mel

borninok

:o :thumbsup:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
borninok said:
I also agree with Buckleboy.........dang...did I say that??? LOL just kidding.....LOL He does make a good point in that it would really be bad to purchase a lifetime membership....and then get banned.

--Mel

borninok

Noooooooo! You didn't agree with BB, did ya! :sign10: He does have a point....a point I truly HOPE I never have to worry about though! lol

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder how much a lifetime membership would cost??
What do you all think it should or would cost?

Bran <><

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
Wonder how much a lifetime membership would cost??
What do you all think it should or would cost?

Bran <><

God Is Numb,

I would say $100. Nobody knows what this site will look like in five years--which is longer than the site's been up in the first place. I dunno. Do ya think that five times the $20 Charter fee is reasonable? Plus an extra ten bucks for Banning Insurance? :D

I also think that they should provide a "God Membership" for twice that per year. It would give you the power to delete up to 10 posts per year belonging to people that disagree with you. Whaddya think, Mel? :icon_jokercolor:

After everyone took aim, I'd be back to "newbie" posting status in no time. :D

-Buckles

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
"I also think that they should provide a "God Membership" for twice that per year. It would give you the power to delete up to 10 posts per year belonging to people that disagree with you. Whaddya think, Mel? "

ROFL......Buckles, we would have to make a special classification for you if we did that......"probie"....or "designated digger"...which would be lower than a "newbie".....LOL :D

Price-wise....hmmm...I'd be more inclined with $50......with the requirement to subscribe to W&E mag or something like that. That way we would be supporting not only the site/forum....but also a supporter.
--Mel

borninok

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I am also in favor of the Lifetime Membership/Gift Membership. What I would really like to see is another way other than Paypal to become a charter member. Maybe a money order, etc. Just my opinion.

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
thanka ron like i said put it in the tnet cafe ? where marc does take mc visa etc, imo hh my thoughts and prayers are with all tnet folks. ron and ann will be in PA in july goldie

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Marc responded to me in anpother topic along these lines - he will not offer a lifetime membership, mostly because: "Who's lifetime?" The site might not be here in a week... or under new ownership... or who knows how long you'll live? It's not smart business for either party and I agree.

Now - the Gift membership is a different thing. He told me if you want to do that just send the paypal payment in with a note or PM or e-mail to Marc stating to whom it should be applied - and he will take care of it.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Montana Jim said:
Marc responded to me in anpother topic along these lines - he will not offer a lifetime membership, mostly because: "Who's lifetime?" The site might not be here in a week... or under new ownership... or who knows how long you'll live? It's not smart business for either party and I agree.

Now - the Gift membership is a different thing. He told me if you want to do that just send the paypal payment in with a note or PM or e-mail to Marc stating to whom it should be applied - and he will take care of it.

hmm Jim,

I thought I responded here! :-\ (but thanks for summing it up just right!... again, who's lifetime?) I would hate to short change anybody! :wink: Of course, if someone wants to give an annual Charter Membership to another member that's always welcome, just let me know!

Thanks!
Marc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread