A Couple of Keepers Today !!

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a nearby town today and hit an older Elementary School. I only got to hunt for about an hour because a lady across the street wanted me to come and try to find a ring she lost in her front yard. The ring was a small platinum ring with some stones but was very thin. I spent a couple hours looking for the ring but never found it. After speaking more with her she wasn't real sure that's where she lost it but thinks so. I was tired and called it a day and she told me that I could come back and hunt the yard any time I wanted. The house was built in the 1950's. I did make a few finds at the school including some clad and a 1956 and 1957 wheat cents. I am definitely going back to the school next weekend because I only covered about a quarter of the front of the school.

Attachments

• 1956 Wheat.jpg
    1956 Wheat.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 1956 Wheat back.jpg
    1956 Wheat back.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 1957 Wheat.jpg
    1957 Wheat.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 1957 Wheat back.jpg
    1957 Wheat back.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 184
OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, with the wheaties, you know silver is lurking somewhere.

Absolutely, I didn't really want to quit hunting the school but I wanted try to find the lady's ring for her. I am making a trip back there next weekend.

Drew32215

Mar 5, 2016
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6 w/ 9.5” concentric coil, and eclipse 6x10 dd coil. Whites bullseye 140mm pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice wheaties. I’d definitely hunt her whole yard in exchange and you never know what you’ll find.

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice wheaties. I’d definitely hunt her whole yard in exchange and you never know what you’ll find.

Yeah, I am gonna take her up on the offer for sure. I hope to find a silver or two in the yard but we will see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread