TreasurePro Issue

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently bought a White's Treasurepro and I'm having second thoughts about it. It won't sound off very well doing an air test or with a coin placed on the ground. When I'm hunting it doesn't give a solid VDI number and the signal doesn't repeat. I've been digging shallow coins that sound off once with no VDI number showing. Is this a peculiarity of the Double D coil? Or....is the machine defective? My white's M6 has none of these problems.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Try it in the beach mode, it seems to go the deepest regardless of your soil. It should sound off to about 10" iin an air test on most coins. It depends on where your sensitivity is set. The VDI numbers tend to bounce around. I haven't read the manual yet. The MX7 & MX Sport work better. The Treasure PRO uses the bottom of the line Prizm/Coinmaster coils frequency & the coil is barely larger 10" on Pro but DD instead of 9" concentric. The 4x6 Prizm DD shooter coil can be used in trashy areas on the Treasuremaster & Treasure PRO.

Unless the Treasure Pro has a function for turning off VDI numbers, you should certainly be seeing them if the sensitivity is up high enough and the numbers of the coins IDs aren't set to be rejected. Let us know if you continue to have problems, or let white's know and see if they can suggest anything to try before sending it in. Best wishes, George (MN)

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try it in the beach mode, it seems to go the deepest regardless of your soil. It should sound off to about 10" iin an air test on most coins. It depends on where your sensitivity is set. The VDI numbers tend to bounce around. I haven't read the manual yet. The MX7 & MX Sport work better. The Treasure PRO uses the bottom of the line Prizm/Coinmaster coils frequency & the coil is barely larger 10" on Pro but DD instead of 9" concentric. The 4x6 Prizm DD shooter coil can be used in trashy areas on the Treasuremaster & Treasure PRO.

Unless the Treasure Pro has a function for turning off VDI numbers, you should certainly be seeing them if the sensitivity is up high enough and the numbers of the coins IDs aren't set to be rejected. Let us know if you continue to have problems, or let white's know and see if they can suggest anything to try before sending it in. Best wishes, George (MN)
Thanks for the info. I put a concentric coil on it and it works fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread