THANK YOU FOR THE NEW TROMMEL FORUM!!!!!!!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing as how a trommel will be my first big purchase....looking forward to this section.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well worth the money spent! What kind are you interested in?

Not sure. Something that 2-3 guys with shovels can work at a decent pace. I know the smaller ones would not work as the 3 of us would be standing there waiting.

Guessing this would be our limit on the small side......

NewTrommel2001.jpg

And this would probably be just about too much.....

DSC_0176.jpg

So something in between those perhaps? IDK to be honest. I know $2500-3000 would be the absolute limit. Want to say the bottom one is closer to $4-5000 which would be a turn off. But something that size at 2500 or so I'd probably be game in the next year or so.

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure. Something that 2-3 guys with shovels can work at a decent pace. I know the smaller ones would not work as the 3 of us would be standing there waiting.

Guessing this would be our limit on the small side......

View attachment 1136961

And this would probably be just about too much.....

View attachment 1136962

So something in between those perhaps? IDK to be honest. I know $2500-3000 would be the absolute limit. Want to say the bottom one is closer to $4-5000 which would be a turn off. But something that size at 2500 or so I'd probably be game in the next year or so.

well if you can weld and and have a sluice. for under $2,000 you can build one the size of the second one Azviper has a build on the site here

It mite take some time to move some things around if people want to move there stuff here

OP
OP
itspaidfor

itspaidfor

Feb 18, 2015
LeClaire,Ia
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats great! as long as you get your sluice tuned you WILL catch more gold! My favorite thing to do with the gold claimer is to go in to a drywash site and gobble up the fine pile:thumbsup:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well if you can weld and and have a sluice. for under $2,000 you can build one the size of the second one Azviper has a build on the site here

It mite take some time to move some things around if people want to move there stuff here

No clue how to weld. But I do have a source of steel. I could get all the square tubing they used to make that for 25$.....cut to length as well. Guy owes me a favor and lets me cherry pick his stock yard for pennies.

Guess some wheels, motor and drum/barrel would not be crazy pricey. I have a Keene A52 in my garage so all set there. Want to say I could have all the parts for under 800-1000 easy. But I have absolutely no idea from there. I'm a computer nerd who married a MMA fighting woman. She changes the oil and does all the yard work.....I'll just ask her to build it for me. :laughing7:

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was watching some youtube vids on trommels last night and I really like the design of the trommel from J.O.G. Mining. Starts at $2800. I usually am mining alone and their statement of a yard and a half an hour depending on the material your running works for me.

I sold my house, shop, property and all my tools except some hand tools for light mechanic work when I moved and everyday I regret it. Sure hate having to start over. Guess my sluice and shovel will have to do until I'm able to come up with extra coin for a trommel.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really thank you for this sub-forum about Trommels . By the way why I every time I type the word (Trommel) I got a red line under the word from the Auto-corrector - isn't
it not in the dictionary ? :happysmiley:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea! I love trommels and now a much needed section of their own.
Kudos to the Moderator :icon_thumleft:

GG~

KimberlyV

Greenie
Apr 12, 2016
California/Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your considering a trommel as a first and "big" purchase. You might go to a heavy equipment supplier that has trommels to rent. This will give you multiple options to try out. Sure you kiss off a bit of cash renting ,but you get to try out the gear with no buyers remorse, no maintenance responsibility, a quick out & you get to assure what you like. I always rent first when I buy heavy equipment. Most of these dealers offer an option to buy as well. Since this is your first buy, I recommend going used. A lease to buy option is perfect for your situation.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was watching some youtube vids on trommels last night and I really like the design of the trommel from J.O.G. Mining. Starts at $2800. I usually am mining alone and their statement of a yard and a half an hour depending on the material your running works for me.

I sold my house, shop, property and all my tools except some hand tools for light mechanic work when I moved and everyday I regret it. Sure hate having to start over. Guess my sluice and shovel will have to do until I'm able to come up with extra coin for a trommel.

I could not imagine shoveling a yard and a half of material in an hour. :-\

GG~

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I could not imagine shoveling a yard and a half of material in an hour. :-\

GG~
I CAN ! Just have a whip for them younger guys and a reward for them at the end of the day!:occasion14: Young guys love to show-off their testosterone levels and how macho they are!:headbang: It's getting harder for me just to get up out of my chair to get another cold beverage! Maybe I could get one of them a break to get me one???:notworthy:

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trommels can be great for recovery, IF you have all things matched and do not have to hassle with the state to use one, I have built some huge mining equipment of all sizes and a small trommel just has no use for me, I would rather go detect for nuggets, to each their own, some Gents do well with a small trommel IF they have the right feed stock/pay dirt. Just ticks me off to have to pay the state for permits etc, and Oregon is getting pretty bad, Greedy Bass=tids.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread