Got a Trommel? LET SEE IT!

itspaidfor

Feb 18, 2015
LeClaire,Ia
Primary Interest:
Other

Hey Reed! Thanks for the video! I am making some mods to the gold claimer as we speak, I am removing the honda engine and replacing with 1 1/2hp electric and chucking out the minors moss & replacing with gold hog mat. I also will no longer be using the oscillation feature. I have been doing a lot of testing and have determined that between the vibration of the engine and also using oscillation I have been losing a lot of gold. Also will be adding lifters in the barrel which should help to slow down load on sluice.

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW !! you all are so inventive with these here Trommels .. WOW is all I can say !!! Sigh ..I wanna go gold prospecting but the weather gods are not being nice !! LOL

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is mine , all aluminum , breaks down to backpack in

Attachments

• IMG_8901.JPG
    IMG_8901.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 376
  • IMG_8900.JPG
    IMG_8900.JPG
    884.4 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_8896.JPG
    IMG_8896.JPG
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 402

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is mine , all aluminum , breaks down to backpack in

How many trips does it take to pack it in? Have you done it regularly or do you haul it in on a trailer usually? Very nice set up :)

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks , just finishing build , headed out in two weeks to cali ,will be there for a couple months , 7 trips to pack in , only have to carry a couple hundred yards , heaviest piece about 70 lbs, and a special backpack for the motors

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My diy mini trommel for the Gold Cube.......

100_5949.jpg

100_5979_00.jpg

GG~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice :) Is that 3/16 pp? I love my Gold Cube Trommel :)

It's 9/64 that I had on hand at the time. I'm going to build another drum with 3/16 when I get the chance.
I've used it a half dozen times now and it works great here in Indiana as most of the gold is fine, fly speck, and flour sized but for peace of mind when I travel I'm looking forward to going with 3/16.

gold1.jpg

* Note to Do it yourselfers
Make sure that the tumbling cleats end before the grizzly to prevent gold from riding a cleat out of the drum.
Something I failed to catch on my build until after a few outings.

GG~

Last edited:

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1138337
The 4 inch minus from the grizzly runs down the oscillating chute and is split left/right to feed each trommel.
It runs about 25 yards per hour.

The goal on this build was to pack as much wash plant onto a 4 foot x 8 foot trailer and weigh less than 1500 lbs.

Replying to an old thread !
Thanks for the info ! that's really clever thinking . And very handy made, I must say.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG, nice setup ! After you sold the bigger one, it is good to see you make another little one ;)
What type of motor you use on this one, and can it be bought online?

It was a 12V motor I had saved from an electric seat off my old car. A windshield wiper motor will work as well as a motor off an electric window. Buy one on ebay or go to an auto junk yard.

Link to my trommel build:http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/trommeling/508827-my-trommel-build-gold-cube.html
GG~

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What holds the basket in place? I would think it would roll out of the platform?
Thanks, Bob

In order to keep the drum from walking I used an old nylon guide off a sliding shower door that I had kept after installing new ones.
I had to fabricate a bracket to hold it in place.

The bracket holds it to the hopper and the back flow preventer lip at the end of the drum fits into the slot of the guide.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Link to my trommel build: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/trommeling/508827-my-trommel-build-gold-cube.html

Last edited:

Aquatek

Nov 20, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Carrying frame, gold cube with trommel and my 800w generator that powers it through a battery charger on 12v supply mode..... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484515215.973517.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread