DIY Hand Cranked Trommel Project

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Looks like a classifier not a trommel. A trommel has a wash area to break up the material and wash it before screening.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I bet his neighbors just love him..........:laughing7:

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
LOL here Johnedoe ,. yeah some years ago [20-25?] had some meth-heads move into a rental next door . They had a loud party/thing going on one [and only?] night . My wife wanted to call the sheriff ,. I told her I'll take care of it come daylight . Being a mason , I have a few mixers . With coffee in hand that A.M. ,. I decided the Ol' 2 sack Essex needed a good barrel cleaning and was a fine choice for the task at hand . Now,. she's no beauty ,. in fact looks to be made from one of Hell's bells ,. if not ,. sure sounds the part . Able to mix 70 shovels , she took the 5-6 buckets of gold barring clay I needed to bust up ,. and a few wheelbarrows of rock , just for good measure . At 7;01 A.M. I fired her up ,. had too fuel her up a few times ,. Anyway had a talk with the new neighbor ,. I had a hard time hearing him ,. But I believe he got my message ?
SO,.. just cruse'n around the AU forams ,. Trommeling ,. new ,. some good idea's down here ,. and we all know ,. clean rocks are a good thing ,. like a clean mixer ,.. or a good night sleep ,.. Blindpig

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread