My Trommel For Sale- Southern Indiana

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm selling my trommel if any Hoosier Prospectors are interested.
It's a proven gold getter and best of all NO classifying needed.

We are selling our house to get a motor home and go RV'ing full time. The trommel and my other large gear must be sold due to limited storage space in the RV.

Pm me for my phone number and further details, also ask about other equipment for sale.

drum.jpg m416t.jpg nt2.jpg
trommel1.jpg sandck.jpg trommel.jpg

Go for the Gold!
GG~

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you need to buy a trailer with that RV.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you need to buy a trailer with that RV.

A big trailer would be nice, planning to tow my Jeep behind the RV and trying to keep costs down as much as possible considering the Rv will only get around 6-8 MPG, OUCH!

GG~

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stay in touch GG! Sounds like a great adventure!

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A big trailer would be nice, planning to tow my Jeep behind the RV and trying to keep costs down as much as possible considering the Rv will only get around 6-8 MPG, OUCH!

GG~

Yeah the gas mileage is a killer in a motor home. I think that every time I stop to fill up. You could look at a covered trailer (car hauler model). It might give you that little extra secure storage. Plus being covered it will be more aerodynamic. And save the wear on tear on jeep if your using tow bar.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going to be one small trailer if your towing with jeep. And one dangerous tow! I have seen the results several times of people not towing trailers with correct vehicle. Not a pretty site when you lose control of trailer on freeway, traliers end up looking like pile of toothpicks!
I've towed trailers with my jeep when I was young dumb and full of c**(still in high school)looking back can't believe my dad was OK with me towing big trailer that usually had 4-5 four wheeler and couple motorcycles on it. My jeep, which I still own today has 350 chev motor so power was not problem. The problem is weight and length of jeep. Just not meant to tow anything heavy.
Motor homes and trailers both have there ups and downs. Motorhomes are nice if you have something your towing behind. I.E. utility trailer, boat or whatever. When you already have trailer on back of truck that gets hard. Yes you could tandem pull them, but there is a good reason that's only legal in a hand full of states ( my state being one of them) plus when pulling tandem you can't back up, you need to always be able to drive forward out of anywhere.
Maybe for good guy better option would be sell jeep, which I know would be hard(I've had mine for just over 25 years)replace with utv. It will get you more places, plus suspension will be easier on body then jeep. You can also get them street legal. buy good diesel truck and toy hauler trailer. There are models where utv goes inside or some with place outside trailer. Some of the larger trailers the utv storage is separate like small garage. 5th wheel model would be the way I would go if I was living in it. Tows better and master bedroom area is much better.

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That sure is a nice build, GG. Somebody's going to get a great unit when they buy that!
Jim

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeeps Wranglers these days have up to 3500lb towing capacity, they work fine with the right trailer, like my Casita. Lots of people use them and you can run a weight distribution hitch, which can make a huge difference on many trailers and Jeep has the wdh available from the factory.

Last edited:

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
3500 lbs towing capacity. like i said going to be small trailer. Pop up or aluminum framed trailer probably in the 18' range. Which in fine for small trips a couple weeks at a time. but gg is going to be living in it full time. Him and wife. Will more then likely want a little more room. I lived in my first motorhome for a couple of summers while backpacking in Alaska in was a 25' so not a large motorhome it was OK for 19 year old and friend. But a little cramped with all our gear. Couldn't imagine living in anything smaller. This will be last year for my motorhome I have now. Had little girl couple years ago, just to small for 2 parents 2 kids and 2 large dogs. Going to go with trailer this time due to fact I always have good running diesel truck for my business.
Buy the way Reed really like your videos on utube. It sure how old video I watched last night was, but hope your feeling better from car accident. Dang those where some deep bruises

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
looks like a nice little trailer. do they make it with a slide out? the trailers I have had experience with have been in the 8000 lbs range when loaded with gear and water. will probably end up with something in the 27' range for the full family trips, but would like to find something a little smaller also, for the trips when its just my son and I when we want to get down some smaller roads where a big trailer is going to end up getting damaged.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For wife and kids and dog you need space but for retired couples this little style works great for us. We've been on the road for a few months and small trailers fit everywhere. We don't need bigger, it's just us. We sleep in the trailer, cook or whatever when the weather's bad, but mostly we are outside doing things and having a great time. We did take 2 of the grand kids with us to Yosemite last Spring and it worked just fine. For a larger trailer - Legacy Elite II Travel Trailer | Oliver Travel Trailers would be our choice but when We had kids and dogs, we used tents for years. Or we also rented motor homes when needed. I've had trailers and motor homes as well in the past for years but now, for us, a comfortable 4x4 car to drive in wins out with our aging backs... Lol. So for us a Mercedes ML Blutec Diesel 4Matic, with AirMatic, hi or low range and posi rear or Traction Control which is limited slip is the perfect ride for us. It's comfortable and if we need higher clearance, the air magic option gives us about 2" by pushing a button when needed.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=skosSCxzsz4

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ageing backs is just one of the reasons I wouldn't tow with jeep ; ) to Damn rough! I love my duramax tows great rides smooth get great mileage with of with out load. Yes with dogs and kids I need a little more room then two people. My mom is on raod about 10 months of year so I do have understanding retired persons needs. One of my thoughts on to size was amount if gear gg might have. I know he is
down sizing his equipment but figured he might want keep more then pan and classifer ;) Cool mercedes!

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my mining gear, back pack, sluices, Gold Cube Trommel, 2 metal detectors plus all of Karens's art supplies and a large ice chest in the car also.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still up for sale :icon_thumleft:
Comes with a new 900w generator to run the gear motor that turns the drum.

Was using a 12v battery with an inverter but I like the generator better because it can also be used to run other items.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread