My Trommel Build for Gold Cube

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well I have all that is needed to build your bigger trommel BUT I need tobe rebuilt first! BUt there again this trommel setup for the GC will be my Winter project!!! Im leaveing in the morning to get another 4 inch Keene dredge and a 2 inch Keene dredge and a Keene highbanker and some odds and ends. NOW for the good part...............My left knee popped the other day and I think its time to get it replaced or do some digging around to see whats wrong with it! Either way...another year of NO dredgeing for me! BUT Ill Have plenty to do during the Winter months. My 5 inch subbie is almost built and itll have to wait also unless I could get a couple of guys that want to take it out for a try!

Last edited:

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time out I will record a video and post it here.
In the meantime here is a photo of the spring tensioner modification......
The spring is a leftover from our dry cleaning business, used to hold a steam press cover in place.
View attachment 1340205
*note spring adjustment holes.

Looks great, I am waiting to see the video and then the GOLD

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
very nice work, been thinking of building one for my cube,of course, then i get thinking maybe i can feed it with a 2 or 2 1/2" dredge nozzle and eliminate all that hard work of shovelling

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice trommel Goodyguy! Have you got to use it this year?

Sold it and moved to Arizona. I use a drywasher and gold vac now.

Attachments

• blower01.jpg
    blower01.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 114
  • vac!.jpg
    vac!.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Reactions: Bow

Bow

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2020
Western Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bet it didn't take long to sell. I was going to copy and build yours but, I did not have time this last winter and now it's gold finding time all of a sudden.
Getting warm down your way I'm sure. Get those nuggets!

Last edited:

Bigfoot69

Aug 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the new gold cube I am building with trommel the last one worked grait but was to heavy for the field this is all acrilic so far will be reinforceing some over it 20210821_223013.jpg 20210821_222913.jpg

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really nice, GG. Great workmanship and performance!
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread