OP
Jakel

Jakel

Mar 31, 2014
Edmonton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487348440.637042.jpg
Looking at the pulley and the drive shaft of the motor.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at the pully it has a set screw. or am I missing something and stating the obvious?

kha924

Jan 29, 2017
NWPA 814
Detector(s) used
LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if thats an idler you could slip a piece of all thread or a bolt and some washers to fasten it. If thats the drive pulley it looks like a weld or drill and try a set screw..

OP
OP
Jakel

Jakel

Mar 31, 2014
Edmonton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I figured it out. I just ground the corners off 1/4 of a coupler and threaded it on.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
NOW to make sure its EXACTLY in the middle to eliminate any wobbling ! BUT the wiper motor don't turn very fast so IF there is any wobbling , keep the belt sloppy and add a spring loaded idler pully to keep the belt adjusted. I made my own and had it on my dredge to ensure the best belt surface contact without putting a lot of tension on the belt that would cause early belt wear. I sold that dredge to Bill_Saf and he sent me a picture of what I made and its posted here (somewhere) but Ill try to repost it ! Also a little tip for you now that the nut is welded on...............use some nylon fishing line to insert into the nut before you screw it onto to the motor shaft. This will act just like a nylock nut and WONT back off!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread