New Fab 100 YPH Trommel

Dirthogg

Nov 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this Trommel Project got way out of hand.Kind of like working on a car project.We started with a set budget.That never works,so the wife says I'm way over extended and the project must go.I had plans to use the Trommel at our own Placer Op.But money is just too tight and it will either be picked off by a buyer privately.Or it will go to the Major Mining Equipt Auction in june.So I will post in the classified on the site as well.I will post a pic here of the build.Here is some info on the Industrial Build Trommel.All the welding was done by our B -Pressure welder.Nothing cheap,many pieces bent instead of welding.Trommel Specs:
Name SLTS 100
36" Drum
Screen is 3/4" Square opening .207 wire (Custom Made)
Eaton Hydraulic Drive Motor
Subaru 14 hp Gas Motor
Tipping Grizzly Hydraulic Cyl rated at 28,000lbs max pressure
Sluice Way Angle Iron Riffles based off Clarkson Study 3' x 10 ft
Mounted on Skids
Size 6Ft x 22ft
Water System -Manifold 4" inlet into 6" header with 5 2" taps
2" center spray pipe down center barrel
1000 gpm with 4" pump

Contact DirtHogg if interested.

OP
OP
D

Dirthogg

Nov 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

here is the link of the trommel and operation of the grizzly.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I see a possible problem with the grizzly bars and no protection for the hyd. ram and hose underneath it from large rocks and debris hitting it and ending your day ! BUT it looks real nice and would be a good size to move around the claim EZer!

OP
OP
D

Dirthogg

Nov 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ram protection

I see a possible problem with the grizzly bars and no protection for the hyd. ram and hose underneath it from large rocks and debris hitting it and ending your day ! BUT it looks real nice and would be a good size to move around the claim EZer!

Hi thanks for the comment.We did redesign the grizz with a flat section.Testing and try as we could we could not get a rock to move sideways and hit the arm.We thought about a different design to protect the arm.But the pics don't show the protection part.You can see more pictures and see what we did at kijjii Edmonton search trommels there are a series of pictures.Thanx again for comment.:icon_thumleft:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea of the hydraulic tip grizzly and would like to see it in actual operation.

Excuse the ignorant question, I didn't see any scrubber bars inside the drum. What keeps the material from just sitting at the bottom of the drum while it spins?
The trommel I use has a leading section of drum that does not have screen, that way the material can be scrubbed and tumbled prior to being classified.

It's one thing to be running clean wash gravel (that could be run across a screen deck), quite another to run bank material that has clays/silt/conglomerates that need broken up. Wildly different production rates.

Are those scrubber bars on the outside of the drum? How does that work?
I'm assuming you did a trial run before painting...do you have any videos you would care to share?

What size water pump are you recommending? That box width looks like it would take some serious water to run.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you did mention pump size...4" 1000GPM! That IS a serious pump.

OP
OP
D

Dirthogg

Nov 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct when I made the vid the scrubbers were just not installed yet.Yes 4" is a serious pump,but this trommel processes fast.No vids of this specific trom in action.The pump is common size in our industry.Especially with heavy amounts of sticky clay.Also the trommel is a copy kind of of a NewZealand type.Thanx for comments

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions