Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
<< Will shovel for gold lol.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this smaller trommel sitting here, it can be hauled as is or I do have a trailer sitting here incomplete to mount it on. I'm retired now, so it's waiting for a new home. It will run off of a Honda 2000i generator but my water pumps and generator don't go with it. I ran it with a 9hp Proline HP500 but more water would be fine for a larger operation. I have a sluice for it also but building a sluice just depends on how much water and material you want to run. It also has a water fed 10' hopper for feeding with a bucket that would require running more water. An 18hp Keene P350 would be enough for 12 - 15yph. It's sitting at my house in Alta, CA and it will run 8 to 10yph with the 9horse or lots more depending on how you set it up. Also, I gave the centrifuge back to the guy that I bought it from because it really didn't have enough throughput. Come take a look and we can talk price or trade.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=31s&v=NWQ1VK3Ba18

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good unit. I like the fact that it is powered by a generator.

Production rates vary tremendously with the type of material you are running (as well as the initial moisture content).

The size of the trommel necessary to adequately clean the pay material (while maintaining a certain production rate) increases significantly as the material moves towards clay bound gravels.

The stuff you were shoveling in that video looked like playground sand compared to what I deal with ;)

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea, that's nice but, it's going to cost you over $30,000.00 set up as in the video with a feed belt conveyor and a pump. Personally, I think you need to test first before spending that kind of money... I think my feed hopper is 9 to 10' long and mounts on top, maybe more, I remember 144" but it's been since last summer, since I moved it. You will want someone tending it with a fire hose, but that's normal, especially with the amount of clay that you will be dealing with. The 18hp pump that I mentioned to run it with is here - 18 HP Vanguard Engine & Pump: Keene Engineering Online
You should ask Hekler about their pump and pricing. Plus you have distance to figure in also... Will the pump that you pick have the lift and capability to meet your distance and lift? If you want to buy mine, then do the fab work needed to make it fit your plans, your place, after buying your own pump or pumps and hoses, it will cost you around 1/3the price of a new complete unit. There is a lot to be said for a new Hekler, but are you really sure that your ground will make it pay for itself?

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Our Site #1 was tested. I just don't know the total yardage we will run there but it will be somewhere between 20,000 - 50,000 yards at $20 - $40 per yard. The minimum gross there should be $400,000 & could be as high as $2 Million. At the same time we will get over to Sites 2 & 3 at the tall bluffs for trenching tests. There are over 1 million yards sitting there. We have good color in the hand samples we took at lower levels in the west facing. That's in the gut of the channel they were working. Not worried.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also comparing the Heckler with this one from Gold Claimer. Pioneer 30 Shaker

We almost bought the Pioneer 30 when we had this one thrown in our laps. We had looked, done the research, and spent the time looking at everything. We really needed something that was small enough to be carried in pieces by a bucket on the tractor into some 4wd locations and ended up with ours that was built custom in Nevada City. It's nice being able to run it on a small generator. There was a long wait for the Pioneer and if I remember, they had no transportation figured out to get it here. I still have their DVD somewhere. But if You're going to buy new, then stick with Greg at Heckler, because he will come out if there are any problems, plus he's local and will build to suit. Or we can work out something on this one while you have a bigger one built. You could have it up and running, set in place in half a day, it just bolts together. But you will want to stack up some material.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was kind of hinting that you may want to take the manufacturer's production rate with a grain of salt.
I'd be going bigger for sure if you really intend to process 100 CY a day of clay bound gravel.

Maybe if your going to buy new, they would be willing to set up a used model and let you run some of your material through it before sealing the deal on a new one.

Actually being able to clean 30 cubic yards an hour of clay bound gravels would be awesome.
I'd like to see some video of it tearing up some nasty material...then have some one sampling the sluice box and showing clean rocks rolling out the end.
Your material may break up easily.

Last edited:

CagedBeast68

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a Heckler Fabrication 2410-V trommel last year along with a Gold Claimer Brand custom hopper feeder. So far been pretty happy with my setup. Where in NorCal is your claim? I’ve got 4 claims with Plan of Ops near Quincy. My stuff will be working this summer, but sits all winter. Does you Plan of Op allow you to run Sept-April?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread