Treasure Hunt on MSNBC

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I DVRed a show this past week called Treasure Hunt. I think it was on MSNBC. It was a show from the early 2000s about a school teacher that went to hear a speaker about Treasure Hunting. He always wanted to get involved so after talking with the speaker he was offered to join the treasure hunter. The guy was a con artist and took the teacher for thousands then the teacher found out he has done this to others. The teacher tracked the guy down and got him locked up for I think two years in a foriegn jail but he has since been realesed. The con artist name was Dennis Austin Standefer...this guy was a real scum bucket.

It did make me think about how people post topics on hear looking for money to help in a treasure hunt. I'm not saying they are all con artists but you have to have your head checked if you don't do a ton of research before giving anyone money for a treasure hunt or anything else for that matter.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions