Was Jesse James Really Assassinated?

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I thought I would start a new thread here about Jesse James death instead of his buried treasure. Supposedly Gov. T.T. Crittenden was involved with the Ford brothers in his assassination. A couple of things bother me about this:

1. Why would he have a hand in killing Jesse and then pardon his brother frank?

2. Crittenden was in the Union army but after the war he was law partners with Francis Cockrell who was a confederate general and he was nominated for Governor by John S. Marmaduke, another confederate general. It seems to me he had a lot of post war connections with former confederates, I wonder where his real loyalty was?

3. Bob and Charley Ford were convicted of murdering Jesse James and Crittenden pardoned them. Wasn't there a $10,000 reward dead or alive for JJ? If he was wanted dead or alive why was there even a trial?

4. After his death the sheriff from Clay county came and got the body with deputies that were known raiders. I got this from the TV show but I will do some further research on this and on JJ's autopsy report.

I am just curious if anyone else sees what I do and has the same questions or if I am just being a big conspiracy theorist?

Charlie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread