rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesse James "Treasure" Controversy

There was a replay on History Channel this past weekend on Jesse James major treasure hoard ...a small cache of 21 silver dollars and a $10.00 gold piece and $20.00 dollar gold piece were buried in glass jar on his family land in Kansas... Very interesting story !!! Here's a link to the story.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...asure-aires-on-history-channel_100272744.html

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
Re: Jesse James "Treasure" Controversy

Yea, I watched that and said the whole way through, ''They won't find nothin, They won't find nothin''.Then when they found those Morgans and that gold bar, I said Dang! I guess that guy does know what he's talking about!! And now I don't think James died like the story goes, after watching that show. Definitly worth wathcing!!!!

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+

I saw some of it too...very interesting. But I cringed when they began to wipe the sandy dirt off the gold coins to get a better look at them! I also cringed when they took a knife and cut into the gold bar as if they couldn't tell it was gold by looking at it and feeling its weight.

By the way, I noticed two other things: first, they were carrying guns and badges. What's up with that? Second, anybody notice the giant hold in the ground they dug with all that machinery? Makes our little detector holes look like squirrel diggin's by comparison.

Ray

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

I watched that, that was a nice gold coin, and the cache of silver dollars was awesome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread