Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Wife tevo'd it and when I went to watch it the "lecturer" in chief was doing the intro so I turned it off.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wwace said:
Wife tevo'd it and when I went to watch it the "lecturer" in chief was doing the intro so I turned it off.

That is why my remote has a mute button :laughing9: This week should be really interesting covering the Civil War.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
"America, the story of rewriting and altering history to be more PC, overemphasizing the contributions of a small percentage to fit the current political climate"
That one?

So far, it seems to be pretty broad in its coverage, at least the parts I have seen.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I agree spooky, I was uncomfortable with the new twist, and I know I'm not a racist. But the facts seemed somewhat over emphasized in some parts. I was also uncomfortable with the emphasis on the importance of banking. I KNOW banking is important, and played a great role, but it bothered me about this show. Very cool how it was filmed, it could have a great impact on viewers. Viewer beware, and think for yourself, as always.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you, but I didn't see that part to be honest, I am a habitual channel jumper. I may have missed that episode, I saw the American Revolution scene in Brooklyn, and the British March down from Canada. Last week I was watching the Lewis and Clark segment. I haven't sen a show yet from beginning to end.. Remember it is on against "Family Guy", and "The Pacific' on HBO. I don't know about you, but I need my fix of Stewie once a week :headbang:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
naturegirl said:
I was also uncomfortable with the emphasis on the importance of banking. I KNOW banking is important, and played a great role, but it bothered me about this show.

I, noticed that as well..... thought it was odd, and then I looked at the SPONSOR, and then it all made sense.....

http://open.salon.com/blog/william_...tory_channel_story_of_us_is_the_story_of_them

"History, for sale to be altered by the highest bidder. Be it "social justice" or a bank....."

Oh, yeah all of those "Bank of America" commercials where they have bought all of those smaller banks that actually did some good. :laughing9: I wonder, what have they done for us lately :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right about that, but we must try and keep politics out of this, or I'll get moved to the political forum. :laughing9:

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I saw the POTUS/POS I turned it off.

Don't sound like I missed much :wink:

Why would you get moved to the the political forum Spart? :laughing7: :laughing7:

funny-dog-pictures-dog-asks-you-wha.jpg

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a post here on health care, and that turned political after a while. Sometimes it happens and subjects become political, and I have no problem with anything said, but someone must be crying to a moderator. I think that cry baby topic got covered a million times already. :laughing7: I am almost afraid to use that "P" word in a sentence.

I have yet to see one show from beginning to end, but some of the segments I did see were interesting. That is not to say there are other segments that may be questionable.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea, it's like everything else on today, Just endless chatter.

Sorry, I am still bummed cause BBC cancelled Survivors and I never got to see what happened to Tom :(

bbc_minisite_01.jpg

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeep said:
yea, it's like everything else on today, Just endless chatter.

Sorry, I am still bummed cause BBC cancelled Survivors and I never got to see what happened to Tom :(

I never saw that show, but I bet you can see it on youtube :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
I guess I am discouraged when I see such a blatantly twisted piece of propaganda put out and called 'history'
Although, I am still trying to figure out how "Dirt" is a "Modern Marvel"

:icon_scratch:

:laughing9: You'll have to watch and see why it is a modern marvel :icon_thumleft: For the most part, that is another interesting show, last night they had on the potato. It may have been a rerun but it was new to me. You can really learn some interesting trivia with that show. Hist and A&E are the 2 best stations.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
spartacus53 said:
Hist and A&E are the 2 best stations.

Bah!!! NatGeo & History International for the win! :icon_thumleft:

I don't get NatGeo, but I've seen commercials for their programming, it looks awesome. Hist Intl shows too many of the old Hist programs.

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
I'm with you Spartacus. Think it's an interesting show and does remind me of how much I have forgotten. I watch simply for the history-the rest I take with a grain of salt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread