Joy of Painting...

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been watching the Joy of Painting for decades now. GREAT show :headbang:

Bob Ross's afro, the super soft voice, the happy little tree's. What's there NOT to love :notworthy:

His voice actually puts me to sleep. Almost instantly. Never fails. I know alot of other people who claim the same thing. There are even websites devoted to this :icon_sunny:

I can watch this dude for hours. Funny story. I decided to try out his technique years ago for some fun and to help relieve some stress. So, I go to a crafts store and spend like $300 on one of his kits and the related supplies.

Got everything back to my small apartment I was renting at the time and decided to give it a go. Set everything up and started painting. Guess what? NOT as easy as he makes it look :laughing7:

I had oil paint all over the place and the whole apartment STUNK of turpentine. I was afraid to even light a cigarette :laughing9:

Unfortunately, he passed away many years ago of cancer.

P.S. - Betcha didn't know that he used to be a drill sargeant in the Army. Can you believe that
:icon_scratch:

Happy Painting & God Bless my friends :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been able to locate his show for years now. I have taped several of his shows and made the painting with all the "happy trees". :laughing7: They used to air 2 other shows that were good as well, but they were more advanced. I used to love incorporating anything I learned directly on to canvas. Since it's too hot to really do anything, maybe I'll start a painting tomorrow.

So, please let me know what station is airing his program :icon_thumleft:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I Havn't seen or thought about the

happy little tree's :tongue3:

since I Only had an antenne & watched PBS
on one of the 9 Channels I Could get back then :D

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spart, we're in different parts of NJ, so, not sure if this will work for you, but, I have Comcast. Go to channel 21 WLIW if you get it. It's a Long Island station believe it or not, but, he's on there at 2:30 weekdays. He was on today - and yes, I did fall asleep while watching. Might not be on everyday, but, methinks at least a couple of times a week :thumbsup:

Might try buying his stuff again. I'll give it a bit more patience this time. It's good for stress and makes time fly. One can really do some super stuff using his technique.

As you said, it's soooooooo hot and the ground is so dry, think I'll finish the Summer off by doing some fishing, photography and maybe some painting :icon_sunny:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks :headbang: I'll have to scroll through the million stations they have and I probably don't get either. I'll have my friend in Linden check her TV schedule and make her tape them for me every day :tongue3: I think it may be a daily show, it was when I was living further north. I'm in an area now where we get a lot of PA programs and stations.

You can also get the same results by using acrylic paints. I have both oil & acrylic paints and acrylics are so much easier to clean :icon_thumleft: It is a fun hobby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread