New metal detecting show to air!

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just an FYI, we have been givin the approval to announce that a new show called Diggers will be airing on National Geographic channel on Feb 28th after Doomsday preparers. There will be a back to back episode and we will start filming this spring for a seasonal show. Hope you all enjoy it.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So just the two episodes so far? When we get closer to the date I will be sure to set the DVR up to record them for me. Should be interesting.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense, but do you think there will be enough interest to keep it going beyond the first 2 shows :dontknow:

Sure, it's a fun hobby, I don't see the attraction to keep viewers watching. Watching people MD and digging is like watching paint dry. Then we have all the editing to deal with to get to your finds if any.. I think this will not turn out good, just like Al Capone's vault, and The Jesse James Treasure.

I think you may also face competition with TV Lands premier of Taxi, the lost episodes :tongue3:

I hate to sound so negative and I hope you can prove me wrong.. So good luck :thumbsup:

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
No offense, but do you think there will be enough interest to keep it going beyond the first 2 shows :dontknow:

Sure, it's a fun hobby, I don't see the attraction to keep viewers watching. Watching people MD and digging is like watching paint dry. Then we have all the editing to deal with to get to your finds if any.. I think this will not turn out good, just like Al Capone's vault, and The Jesse James Treasure.

I think you may also face competition with TV Lands premier of Taxi, the lost episodes :tongue3:

I hate to sound so negative and I hope you can prove me wrong.. So good luck :thumbsup:

Did anyone think a show about buying storage units would be interesting? Or a show about a pawn shop? I doubt many people did. They point would be more of, can you make it interesting enough?

As far as competition on TV, that is what DVR's are for :)

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that you will be pleasantly surprised. Tim and Goerge who are the stars of the show have a nact for the camera and add alott of comedy. I have not seen the final cut but have heard that Nat Goe is wanting full seasons even before the show premeres. That should be a good sign. If you check the schedule on the Nat geo site for the 28th it is there and I am sure comercials will be coming real soon.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
montanagold said:
Just an FYI, we have been givin the approval to announce that a new show called Diggers will be airing on National Geographic channel on Feb 28th after Doomsday preparers. There will be a back to back episode and we will start filming this spring for a seasonal show. Hope you all enjoy it.

Because of time Zones, I Just checked Natgeo
on my DVR
all day on the 28th.

the doomsdaers show you Mention
is on 9PM to 1AM Eastern
& Religous shows before & After

Do you have the Date wrong ?

Listings agree

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?stnNum=24959&channel=68

Unless this will ba a west Coast only show

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the pic

Attachments

• diggers_premiere720b.jpg
    diggers_premiere720b.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,820
    diggers_premiere720b.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,435
    diggers_premiere720b.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,588

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twisted One, I beg to differ with your analysis... There is a huge difference between pawnshops/storage units.. In the pawn shop people 'bring' in interesting items to get priced. With storage units, the junk is already in your face and you want to find that hidden gem, or get zonked :tongue3: At least we know what we're sort of in for with these 2 shows.

Now you take treasure hunting/digging. I believe there are just too many unknowns, as everything will be sight unseen, unless planted of course :laughing7: I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see what is found, but spending an hour to find a possible zinc penny isn't on my list for entertainment. As far as these 2 guys having a knack for comedy, that would remain to be seen.

I guess you'll find out once it airs... :laughing7:

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Twisted One, I beg to differ with your analysis... There is a huge difference between pawnshops/storage units.. In the pawn shop people 'bring' in interesting items to get priced. With storage units, the junk is already in your face and you want to find that hidden gem, or get zonked :tongue3: At least we know what we're sort of in for with these 2 shows.

Now you take treasure hunting/digging. I believe there are just too many unknowns, as everything will be sight unseen, unless planted of course :laughing7: I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see what is found, but spending an hour to find a possible zinc penny isn't on my list for entertainment. As far as these 2 guys having a knack for comedy, that would remain to be seen.

I guess you'll find out once it airs... :laughing7:

You have to assume, you won't be watching these guys swinging a detector for an hour with nothing to show for it. These kind of shows only show the positive side of something.
In reality Storage unit auctions are not going to be exciting at all, your are going to get a lot more garbage units then what we see in the show.
Same with the pawn broker shows, they probably get 400 hours of garbage, or plain jewelry, flat screens, etc... for every 30 minutes of cool stuff you see on the show.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess every three to six swings will Produce
GW Buttons, CS Plates etc. that will be
taken to Antique dealers who will Give Full
Book value as if these items were in Mint condition.

I Hope I'm wrong

But fear this

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont want people to think to hard about this, Its just a show and I assure you that nothing was planted. Just a couple of guys having a blast doing something that we all love. Reguardless of the content I would think that we would all be interested in watching anything that has to do with metal detecting. Its is nothing spectacular, no gold coins or priceless relics but also not a bunch of junk either. Just an entertaining show.
This should give you guys an Idea of what kind of stuff to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTA8Yd9_i8k

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking forward to it, and hope I can learn something from it. What is your part in the show Montana? Or are you just promoting it?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm definately looking forward to watching :icon_thumleft:

Just Hopeing people don't walk away
thinking sites are loaded with silver.

If even one person thinks the video above
was a Day in the Life of detctorists anywhere,
the Show will Spook me :wink:

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am part of team ATC and although I am not a star of the show but I am breifly in the first episode, and hope to get a chance to come on some future episodes. ATC has been making DVD's for about 7 years or so and were approached by a number of production companies, probably due to the popularity of the gold shows. I am not promoting just letting people know about it. It may not last long but it will be fun to watch while it is on anyway.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
montanagold said:
I dont want people to think to hard about this, Its just a show and I assure you that nothing was planted. Just a couple of guys having a blast doing something that we all love.

I guess you didn't review the tape too well :laughing9:

4min 30 seconds in, one talks about the token he planted 2 years ago.. :laughing7: Now if faking the planting of a token is humor, this show will be a smash.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
montanagold said:
I am part of team ATC and although I am not a star of the show but I am breifly in the first episode, and hope to get a chance to come on some future episodes. ATC has been making DVD's for about 7 years or so and were approached by a number of production companies, probably due to the popularity of the gold shows. I am not promoting just letting people know about it. It may not last long but it will be fun to watch while it is on anyway.

I didn't mean to imply "Promoting" the show would be a bad thing, but you are indeed promoting the show by posting the information here. I doubt I would have heard of it otherwise. I rarely watch that channel, and when I do it is usually something on the DVR, which means I skip over the commercials.

I am new to the hobby, and pretty new here so I have never heard of ATC. I will do some poking around and look it up. I am having fun learning what I can about the hobby, and would love to learn more, so some of those DVD's you mentioned might be something of interest to me.

Any idea what detector these guys are using? I haven't been able to watch the video yet due to my current location <Don't tell my boss I'm here>

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen the ATC videos on youtube last year. I thought they were great! If the NatGeo show is anything like those, it's going to be a hit!

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spart, Tim had some novelty tokens made several years ago with the team ATC logo on them and the website. He burries them wherever we hunt so that people can find them later, The problem is that we hunt sites more that once and hate it when we dig up his planted coins. He gives away T-shirts and other such things when people find them and e-mail him.

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They have been using the AT pro recently with great sucess. We are on facebook anacondatreasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread