American diggers

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Basic right now, finishing up my ride time for my medic card which I test for next month, I ain't got no patient so I got on here to check it out
Tough job, hard to make a living unless you're a medic, and gets pretty good if you can hook up with a municipality.
I was a basic with Medic One, it was a private with the Highland Park,MI contract. (Highland Park is basically Detroit) while I was going to UD Mercy. It got pretty "sporty" sometimes, but it was more interesting than slinging gomers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Yeah it to awful bad, I work for a county agency and make pretty good right now, but they paid for my medic class and I test it next month and finish my degree in this field, it can be tough at times and I found my relaxation to be metal detecting and getting out some away from all it, how long did you work on the truck

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah it to awful bad, I work for a county agency and make pretty good right now, but they paid for my medic class and I test it next month and finish my degree in this field, it can be tough at times and I found my relaxation to be metal detecting and getting out some away from all it, how long did you work on the truck
About three years.
HP was a zoo. Roughly one GSW and two-three stabbings a day. But the time went by pretty quickly.
We took our traumas and most others to Henry Ford. Ford was so nuts that the Army medical corp would send their doctors there to train them on GSWs. (This was the very late 90s)

Last edited:

firefighter254

Sep 21, 2008
I hope its off the air this show was garbage totally unrealistic in every way making us all look bad. From the moment it aired i was like this show is rigged no one finds the things they did as fast and easy as they did i hope it gone for ever

CTX 3030
Etrac
whites m6
pro pointer
Ulster County NY
Youtube Channel firefighter2542005 - YouTube

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Dang sounds like it would go quick, we run a few gsw but being in southern WV we run more wrecks both ATVs and vehicle, mine injuries too, I work 24s so ours go by slow, I've been doom it 8 yrs after I left the mining industry due to it being unstable, how long you been detecting

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang sounds like it would go quick, we run a few gsw but being in southern WV we run more wrecks both ATVs and vehicle, mine injuries too, I work 24s so ours go by slow, I've been doom it 8 yrs after I left the mining industry due to it being unstable, how long you been detecting

I got my first machine in 1991, my uncle got me into it. He found a few slave tags, lots of old coins and relics. (He detected EVERYWHERE in the US and other countries) and a ring that (we just found this out) belonged to the husband of some Scottish princess. I guess a museum is offering him about a quarter of a million dollars for it, which needless to say has caused more problems than it was worth. I won't say any more because it would be a shitstorm,but it's pretty cool.
I think I have gone through like 20 machines since 1991.

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
That's pretty neat, I'm just starting out myself I got a quick draw II to start out with, so far I find enjoyable and relaxing, I ain't found anything to great so far but really ain't had much time with work and trying to get my medic card, its one if those hobbies that you get out of it what you out into it and I ain't had much time lately, how often you hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread