Looks like they are coming back...Diggers

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sounds like NatGeo is going to go forward with more episodes of Diggers. Not to be confused with American Diggers with Ric Savage. NatGeo compromise is that they will try to have a archeaologist or local historian for each site they detect on the show. Hopefully to make it more educational. Looks like it will be the same detectorists which I personally have no problem with as long as they lose the childish jargon and bets. It makes us all look foolish. I've never seen their DVDs and maybe that is their stick but they have a new audiance that are not currently detectorists so they are molding their impression of our hobby. They should act like an emissary for the hobby.

Not sure when the new episodes will be filmed or shown.

MontanaGold, Not sure if you are on the show or just a friend of the guys on the show but I hope you take what most of the people on this website are saying to heart and try to put out a product that will help create the next generation of educated detectorist. Ethics, proper target recovery and maybe even a little information about the equipment we all use.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and really do feel like everyone involved will do the right thing.

Good luck to the producers and cast.
NJ

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no, they'll still be acting childish and obnoxious.

One of the "stars" (lol) is a poster here and he basically said that they will continue to act like 11 year olds on TV and make us all look like idiots.

But hey, as long as you get your 15 minutes of fame, who cares about the damage you do,right?

Last edited:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather have tokes and roundness any day over Drip Cabbage screaming BOOM BABY. I watched the first two episodes of diggers and I thought it was a MUCH better show.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they do the show exactly like they did the first two...I thought they were great.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every metal detector retailer in the country is praying these two idiots make it back on air. The rest of us - for the most part, are cringing..

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Troll- Slang, modern: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."
In that case, your original post was a full blown troll...you must have forgot what you just posted. Ive supported this show from the get go, you dont know what your talking about. Your original post provoked an emotional response from me...good job TROLL.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
lookindown said:
In that case, your original post was a full blown troll...you must have forgot what you just posted. Ive supported this show from the get go, you dont know what your talking about. Your original post provoked an emotional response from me...good job TROLL.[

So now your being a Troll. Welcome to the club. I am a long time member.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather have tokes and roundness any day over Drip Cabbage screaming BOOM BABY. I watched the first two episodes of diggers and I thought it was a MUCH better show.

:occasion14: I'll drink to that :coffee2:

I was no fan of Diggers, But knew once American Diggers Came out,
Diggers would be the Lesser of Two Evils.
IF there has to be One, let it be the guys who actually detect their finds.
not plant them

Last edited:

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you dont know what your talking about.

I watched this train wreck ONCE. ONCE. And I lost 30 IQ points. I couldn't use my remote control and I forgot where my bathroom was for a WEEK.
My first thought was "Oh my GOD, are you KIDDING me?" I was embarrassed that people would actually think that I talked and acted like that.
The "show's" "fan base" is comprised of people who immediately get a two foot erection with a cheeseburger and an American flag on it just because it is ABOUT metal detecting, and people who don't KNOW better...."But hey who cares HOW it is portrayed, it's ABOUT metal detecting! How awesome is THAT?" ::)
But you see, the show isn't REALLY ABOUT metal detecting at all. It is about the two freaks that are on the show. The producers aren't selling metal detecting, they are selling the actions of the people on the show. They could care less about the topic.
Which would be just peachy, if it didn't make us look like those two buffoons, clowning to appear more "interesting."
It's like the four year old who acts out because ANY attention,is still attention. Yet he isn't mentally advanced enough to realize, or too selfish to care about the harm his actions are causing.
As long as he gets his time "on stage."

Nothing I can say here can make you look more silly than you just did on your own.
You keep watching and swallowing it all, watching the commercials like a good consumer. Just like the producers hope you will.
And when the "metal detecting" cow is milked dry, they will move on to the NEXT "reality" But not after they have ruined it for us all.

Last edited:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Terry Soloman said:
Every metal detector retailer in the country is praying these two idiots make it back on air. The rest of us - for the most part, are cringing..

You could not be more correct. It's all about dealers making money. Not much more. I am sure there was a spike in sales. Do you think there was a spike in backhoe rentals?

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched this train wreck ONCE. ONCE. And I lost 30 IQ points. I couldn't use my remote control and I forgot where my bathroom was for a WEEK.
My first thought was "Oh my GOD, are you KIDDING me?" I was embarrassed that people would actually think that I talked and acted like that.
The "show's" "fan base" is comprised of people who immediately get a two foot erection with a cheeseburger and an American flag on it just because it is ABOUT metal detecting, and people who don't KNOW better...."But hey who cares HOW it is portrayed, it's ABOUT metal detecting! How awesome is THAT?" ::)
But you see, the show isn't REALLY ABOUT metal detecting at all. It is about the two freaks that are on the show. The producers aren't selling metal detecting, they are selling the actions of the people on the show. They could care less about the topic.
Which would be just peachy, if it didn't make us look like those two buffoons, clowning to appear more "interesting."
It's like the four year old who acts out because ANY attention,is still attention. Yet he isn't mentally advanced enough to realize, or too selfish to care about the harm his actions are causing.
As long as he gets his time "on stage."

Nothing I can say here can make you look more silly than you just did on your own.
You keep watching and swallowing it all, watching the commercials like a good consumer. Just like the producers hope you will.
And when the "metal detecting" cow is milked dry, they will move on to the NEXT "reality" But not after they have ruined it for us all.
Still working your troll magic...I didnt come here to argue, just give my opinion, argue with yourself...Im out.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will be no flame wars or insults thrown at other members here...

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did not post this to start an name calling thread. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I really did not care for the first two pilot shows of Diggers. The production company and the hosts have the benefit of feedback from the detecting and archaeological communities which has been overwhelmingly negative. Now I hope they do a quality production that will help the hobby and not hurt it. I'm hoping my original post does not fall on deaf ears.

NJ

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually liked "Diggers"...I look forward to more episodes. Like I said before the terminology is annoying but I enjoyed the show overall. I think maybe they could take the headphones off and let us hear the real signals and maybe show the screens and depth of item and such though.

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ken,
I agree that Diggers was better the American Digger but we don't need to choose the lesser of two 'evils'. American Digger should be off the air and if Diggers does not improve their format when they come back then I feel they should be off as well. These are my opinions...everyone should feel free to disagree if they would like.
NJ

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually liked "Diggers"...I look forward to more episodes. Like I said before the terminology is annoying but I enjoyed the show overall. I think maybe they could take the headphones off and let us hear the real signals and maybe show the screens and depth of item and such though.

That would be good and for the benifit of any newbies to the hobby a brief explanation of proper target recovery and detecting ethics would be nice. If they bring in some people with indepth knowledge of the history of the sites that would be awesome. I would also have no problems with them killing their created terminology because I feel it makes them look childish and I don't want people thinking that we all speak like that but if they made some of these other more important changes and left the silly jargon in place I could deal with that.

NJ

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am kind of happy this show is coming back. As for people thinking all MDers are like these two is just a silly comment. I am an Italian American do people presume that I act like the idiots on the Jersey Shore? The answer is no. I see this show as a good way for people to see what detecting is about. Unlike the American Diggers show where they will eventually find a (planted) mobsters car buried in some lot, these two are showing that they find crap and small stuff most of the time. I think it will discourage people from thinking they are going to be like Dick Savage and show a more realistic form of detecting. As for the way they act, I have seen the DVD's and the Youtube videos and their humor makes what would be a boring show a little more interesting.

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am kind of happy this show is coming back. As for people thinking all MDers are like these two is just a silly comment. I am an Italian American do people presume that I act like the idiots on the Jersey Shore? The answer is no. I see this show as a good way for people to see what detecting is about. Unlike the American Diggers show where they will eventually find a (planted) mobsters car buried in some lot, these two are showing that they find crap and small stuff most of the time. I think it will discourage people from thinking they are going to be like Dick Savage and show a more realistic form of detecting. As for the way they act, I have seen the DVD's and the Youtube videos and their humor makes what would be a boring show a little more interesting.

I live in NJ and I've had people from outside the state say to me that I'm nothing like the Jersey Shore people which by the way are all from New York...lol.

I hope the new Diggers show is just a little more educational. Yes, they show the junk but there is so much more they could do to help the hobby which was not done in the first shows. Maybe every show they include a one minute segment on proper metal detecting methods, research tips, ways to ask for permission to detect a property, how to research the proper owners or anything that will help new people to the hobby that may start because they saw their show be good detectorists.

NJ

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for people thinking all MDers are like these two is just a silly comment. I am an Italian American do people presume that I act like the idiots on the Jersey Shore?

Yes, most of them do. That's the sad state of affairs we live in. Most people are stupid and/or gullible enough to believe what they see on TV. So yes, they think all Jerseyits are like "the jersey shore", all Italian are guidos or mobsters, and that all the gabage "reality" TV shows are in fact REAL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread