Spikes American Digger with Ric Savage Good or Bad?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Duh really, we know that it's for entertainment purposes only and everything is a "re-enactment" (and then some). However there are plenty of ignorant ass people out there that don't. If you think the majority of the potato chip eating American Idol watching sheeple in this country has a lick of common sense then you are sadly mistaken. I'm a realist, I don't wear rose colored glasses.
I agree. There are plenty of people out there that the only example of metal detecting they know comes from this show.

Last edited:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its been months and I still will Not watch the Show!!! Red has seen It and I dont Need to !!!! CHUG

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd never heard of the show until I saw all of the "boycott American Digger & Spike" signatures on here.

Instead of turning me away, these messages had the opposite effect (just like Nancy Reagan's "boycott drugs" message back in the '80s) and I had to see what the fuss as all about.

I watched 2 episodes last night using Time Warner's "on demand" feature, which is tracked and possibly affects ratings and thus I've proved the old marketing adage "there is no such thing as bad advertising".

Is it good or bad?
My opinion is BAD - a mix of Dawg the Bounty Hunter and Pawn Stars, but better than both of these "reality" shows.

I really don't see the huge stink with the show as rare antiquities are bought and sold every single day (don't kid yourself about donating something to a museum as they are just as likely to sell it as a pawnbroker is)

My point: if you don't want folks watching a tv show, don't advertise the show in your signature

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd never heard of the show until I saw all of the "boycott American Digger & Spike" signatures on here.

Instead of turning me away, these messages had the opposite effect (just like Nancy Reagan's "boycott drugs" message back in the '80s) and I had to see what the fuss as all about.

I watched 2 episodes last night using Time Warner's "on demand" feature, which is tracked and possibly affects ratings and thus I've proved the old marketing adage "there is no such thing as bad advertising".

Is it good or bad?
My opinion is BAD - a mix of Dawg the Bounty Hunter and Pawn Stars, but better than both of these "reality" shows.

I really don't see the huge stink with the show as rare antiquities are bought and sold every single day (don't kid yourself about donating something to a museum as they are just as likely to sell it as a pawnbroker is)

My point: if you don't want folks watching a tv show, don't advertise the show in your signature
Now that the show is off, I do need to remove it. It's gone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread