Spikes American Digger with Ric Savage Good or Bad?

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Spike's American Digger with Ric Savage Good or Bad?

I have been watching American Digger since it came out back in March. I personally love the show, but i've noticed now, people that have no treasure hunting expierence, are just purchasing crap detectors and searching there yard for thousands of dollars of relics. I love to watch the show because of the finds, that I hope I might get some day (even though I know alot of it is faked) but it is making it harder for us hard core metal detectors to find spots to detect at. What do you think about the show?

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea of the show just all seems staged to me how about a real metal detecting show where they find pulltabs and nails and crap like that instead of thousands of dollars worth of stuff that they planted there FAIL.......

Okie115

Apr 15, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good idea very poor presentation, but what would a show be with an X-wrestler pulling soda tabs out of the ground....recycling aluminum, pathetic either way. They do have some cool concepts but overall another wasted reality show that needs to go away fast.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
see my signature

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is disgusting and I can't believe anyone who swings a detector as a hobby would enjoy the planted "finds", the use of earthmoving equipment, and the disgustingly exagerated pricing (along with selling eveything they dig).

The show is pretty much an example of everything you can do wrong.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frigging douchebag. I'd love to punch him in his fat sandwich hole. That show will do more to hurt detecting than can be imagined.

boomsausage.jpg

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Weakest show on television.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOOM BABY !

Land-Mine-594x394.jpg

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NatGeo is going to take another swing at a detecting show...probably before the end of the year which I think everyone will be happy with. We will see...

NJ

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been watching American Digger since it came out back in March. I personally love the show, but i've noticed now, people that have no treasure hunting expierence, are just purchasing crap detectors and searching there yard for thousands of dollars of relics. I love to watch the show because of the finds, that I hope I might get some day (even though I know alot of it is faked) but it is making it harder for us hard core metal detectors to find spots to detect at. What do you think about the show?

Mr. Schulz,
Please don't take this the wrong way but ya goota be going lame in da head. By watching it you are helping with there ratings, actually saying that the show is a hit with you! PLEASE Don't do that, It will be back next season and er'body will think thats the way all of this works, Money jumping up outta the ground. Boycott the show, the channel and anything else you can do to help get this kinda crap off the T.V. We As a Hobby Do not need that kinda advertisement. Never! JMHO.

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably sponsored by the same companies some of us here patronize.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably sponsored by the same companies some of us here patronize.

Of course. They and the dealers are the only ones to benefit from the flood of mouthbreathing douchebags that think they are going to get rich with a detector, ruining it for those of us who do it for the love of history and the hunt.
They'll ride that wave for as long as they can.

biggn

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2012
SW Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Whites MXT
Tesoro Tejon
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can'tstandit.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Mr. Schulz,
Please don't take this the wrong way but ya goota be going lame in da head. By watching it you are helping with there ratings, actually saying that the show is a hit with you! PLEASE Don't do that, It will be back next season and er'body will think thats the way all of this works, Money jumping up outta the ground. Boycott the show, the channel and anything else you can do to help get this kinda crap off the T.V. We As a Hobby Do not need that kinda advertisement. Never! JMHO.

How does watching a show help contribute to the show's ratings?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does watching a show help contribute to the show's ratings?

it dosn't really. only Emails & Threads do.

shows get the rest of their ratings through phone calls made to their advertisers who supply #'s,
(call now we will send you a popeel nose picker for half price)
and through people who are connected to the Nielson ratings boxes.

Any other ratings are imaginary

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread