Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Gold Rush" Is Back for a Pair of Summer Specials Tonight Friday, August 17

With frozen ground forcing the Hoffman crew out of the Klondike for the winter, Todd Hoffman turns his attention south. He gets a hot tip on a claim in Guyana, South America, where a full-fledged gold rush is underway. The country produces 400,000 ounces of gold per year - legally. The true number could be as much as double that. If the Hoffmans can pull off Todd's daring plan and mine a claim there, they would be able to trade a four-month mining season up north to year-round operation in the jungle. Todd and a small scouting team take the 4,600 mile trip from Sandy, Oregon to Guyana, South America to see if mining there really is viable. The crew gets caught up in a shady business deal, treks through snake infested jungle and makes their way up deadly rivers in a 'no guts no glory' adventure. But are they really ready to trade permafrost for torrential rain... and worse?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Well now, the team still can't find work in the U.S. so now they are forced to go to South America? :tongue3:

I heard that if this doesn't work the next series will be a Mars Gold Rush.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bummer. Guess I'll have to wash my cat since there is nothing good on television tonight..

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dang I hope some of those guys finally strike it rich this season.Youncan just about predict when things are looking up that someones' equipment is going to break down or some drama will ensue. I thought only women caused drama?

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still like the hoffmans. I think the move to guyana was a good one. Going international is ok with me.

Ice cold gold is good too. I think greenland will be the new frontier for mining.

Attachments

• Todd Hoffman.jpg
    Todd Hoffman.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 166

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions