Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning Tru TV is as Fake as spike

"SWAMP HUNTERS" follows the Taylor clan, a group of burly, loud and proud rednecks, who hunt for relics in the swamps around their home in Southern Mississippi. Their swampy hunting grounds are loaded with valuable finds from the days of the pirates, the civil war, and voodoo ceremonies, and each episode finds the Taylors braving snakes, boars, gators and rival relic hunters in the quest for historic finds that could land them big money.

Swamp Hunters TV Show truTV | Swamp Hunters Online Series Summary

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their time slot is competing with Pawn Stars, not a very good idea.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't watch Pawn stars,
but Will record Swamp hunters Just for the Yuk, so when the complaints start
I am up to speed :laughing7:

I imagine it will be a very racist depiction of southern Mississippi rednecks,
from what I remember of TruTv

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to watch Pawn Stars religiously because I was interested in the history and background of the things people brought in. Then they turned it into a soap opera and in my opinion the show went to crap.
This new show sounds interesting and I'll give it a look. Funny thing is I haven't seen any previews for it yet.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to watch Pawn Stars religiously because I was interested in the history and background of the things people brought in. Then they turned it into a soap opera and in my opinion the show went to crap.
This new show sounds interesting and I'll give it a look. Funny thing is I haven't seen any previews for it yet.

Yea Very odd, I just typed swamp into my DVR & it popped up for Monday at 10:30
Hopefully it's set in stone,
it wouldn't surprise me if it's not yet & something else records.

I gave up on Pawn Stars when I got sick of their lame attempts at comedy.
somewhere in the second season.

It's also degenerated into an antique roadshow.
there is no reason someone would bring treasures
they want half a mill or more for
into a pawn shop, except to advertise it or just show off
a piece from the local museum.

Last edited:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is no reason someone would bring treasures
they want half a mill or more for
into a pawn shop, except to advertise it or just show off
a piece from the local museum.

Very true but I'm positive there's been a person or two on there that have had gambling problems as well..

I watch every episode but I don't really care about anything except the history lesson so the item itself, the people, the reason for selling, scripted or not... I'm able to enjoy the show.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok, I've watched swamp loggers, but never heard of this one.
yeeeeahhhhh willie dog

darksun98

Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly

Warning Tru TV is as Fake as spike

"SWAMP HUNTERS" follows the Taylor clan, a group of burly, loud and proud rednecks, who hunt for relics in the swamps around their home in Southern Mississippi. Their swampy hunting grounds are loaded with valuable finds from the days of the pirates, the civil war, and voodoo ceremonies, and each episode finds the Taylors braving snakes, boars, gators and rival relic hunters in the quest for historic finds that could land them big money.

Swamp Hunters TV Show truTV | Swamp Hunters Online Series Summary

This show is by far the worst one on Tru TV. Not only did the ol' country boys star for a brief time on the Storage Hunters, but how is anyone supposed to believe that they look for stuff from the 1600-1800's and find it three inches under the water and under dirt. Anyone with a brain knows that it relics like that would be much further under the water and under the earth.

I am watching it right now and one of the dumb brothers found a bear trap that was wedged in between a tree almost right above the water. Of course with it being 250 years old it had not rusted at all.

On the first episode the father was shooting at a alligator that was swimming through clear water when the fat one that was pulling the boat said "you almost hit me" yet his water was engulfed in moss and algae all around and on top of the water.

I cannot believe they made this, especially with those two boys being on Storage Hunters.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3:

Nathan Burton On Storage Hunters

http://www.levisparkx.com/nathan-burton-on-storage-hunters/

storage_hunters_nathon_burton.jpg

DUSTIN TAYLOR on Swamp Hunters

https://twitter.com/DustinTaylor3

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
You can find reality behind two very different pieces of glass.

One on the T.V. or the other through the front window...

~ you choose your own level of reality

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I DVR'ed Swamp Hunters last night and just now watched it. Faked scripted reality show at it's best. It was hoot. I liked it, of course I'm from the south and have met good ole boys like that all my life. One of the best lines, I haven't heard in a long time, "were you born that stupid or did you have to work at it?"

And, that Bear Trap. My Grandfather had one almost just like it hanging in his barn. Once in a while he would use the tool to crank it open, and set it off with a limb. Impressed us kids. Now that I see it might be worth some big bucks, I wonder where the trap is? The Barn is no longer there. Probably one of my dead beat relatives have it. I''ll be on the look out for the first episode I missed.

corben1120

May 27, 2012
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/ ACE 350/ Super Sniper/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched tonight's episode and they found a "Bayonet" that looks similar to the tool i was using earlier today to plant flowers. Im no historian but i think it is a hand shovel. WOW, I'm from Louisiana and they are making a mockery of the southern culture. I will stick with Axe Men and Willie Dog:tongue3:

Bayou.Ogre

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2013
Swamplands of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Steel rod
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show is by far the worst one on Tru TV. Not only did the ol' country boys star for a brief time on the Storage Hunters, but how is anyone supposed to believe that they look for stuff from the 1600-1800's and find it three inches under the water and under dirt. Anyone with a brain knows that it relics like that would be much further under the water and under the earth.

I am watching it right now and one of the dumb brothers found a bear trap that was wedged in between a tree almost right above the water. Of course with it being 250 years old it had not rusted at all.

On the first episode the father was shooting at a alligator that was swimming through clear water when the fat one that was pulling the boat said "you almost hit me" yet his water was engulfed in moss and algae all around and on top of the water.

I cannot believe they made this, especially with those two boys being on Storage Hunters.

Well, you fail to take into account hurricanes, tornadoes and flash floods. Many an old barn has been blown down and its contents either blown, or washed, away into the many water ways of the swamp. As for depths in dirt. You ever see a farm field while its being turned? Unless you are in the deep swamps, much of the "woods" you see today are only between 50 and 100 years old. They are grown over farm land.

Bayou Ogre AKA Mr. Avon

Bayou.Ogre

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2013
Swamplands of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Steel rod
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched tonight's episode and they found a "Bayonet" that looks similar to the tool i was using earlier today to plant flowers. Im no historian but i think it is a hand shovel. WOW, I'm from Louisiana and they are making a mockery of the southern culture. I will stick with Axe Men and Willie Dog:tongue3:

Yes, a trowel bayonet for the 1873 Trapdoor Springfield rifle.

Back in the 70's young men use to come, out of the swamps, to New Orleans, no birth certificate, no social security card and couldn't speak a word of English, just Cajun French to work on the Fairgrounds horse track.

Bayou Ogre aka Mr. Avon

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stand corrected, like I said I'm no historian. Thanks for the info I learn something new everyday

Dido :icon_thumright: considering the show.
part of me believed it was.

and part of me believed he was messing with his son

Last edited:

Bayou.Ogre

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2013
Swamplands of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Steel rod
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest part, of being in the relic or antiques business, is knowing what you are looking at. And being to do so at a glance, with a poker face.

A fair deal, no one walks away happy. A great deal, both sides walk away happy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread