Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He did say silver dollar

yea I thought so.

1804 was the last "Silver Dollar" till I believe 1836.
Pretty bad when an Appraiser doesn't know what he's holding in his hand,
yet trys to pretend he does

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one guy said he's found over 1 million dollars worth of relics.... I don't know who wrote that line but I'm thinking $100K might have been easier to believe.... Then again with the prices those "experts" were quoting maybe he's not too far off. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I missed the one Million quote.

I would find that hard to swallow also.

Plus I wonder what the Tax man would think of that claim :tongue3:
point being, Even If I found that much, I don't think I'd be bragging,
unless I planned on saying I BS allot :laughing7:

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I just finished watching the Fort St Philip episode and started the plantation episode. I'm not impressed, especially with all the "live" ordinance they found. The amount of finds, the value of the finds and the drama seems to be SOP for these shows. I did catch that million $ comment, they should've cut out, gonna leave wrong impression with lot of viewers. Wish they mentioned that the only reason they have access to these places is cause there's a camera crew with them that's prolly showing travel channel logos, the rest of us would've been turned away quickly.

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the guy and his wife his name is josh, I could sware we all know who he is am I missing something

Edit: Sentinel is in this show he is josh with the wife how did this not get mentioned he is a great contributing memeber of this forum and I thought he did great on the show.

Last edited:

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

good job Josh, I think all of you have done a good job doing what you love and juggling the producer end of things, some of it is a bit cheesy in places but you can tell you guys are half serious and having fun with it. kudos

I think its the best show of the 3 that are on right now.

And for the record I could watch boom baby way more than I can watch roundness I just cringe when they even talk its so bad.

Last edited:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a bunch of tools.... It might be different if they said they wanted you to be on the show. Obviously they have far more important things to do than conduct their own research. I assume you told them to go find their own site.... as I would have done the same thing. . :thumbsup:

I told them I'd get back to them. :D Then they called later on and said that they'd gotten a deal to detect Port St. Phillip.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
The ones detecting are fine, I know you have to play it up for the cameras. To be honest, if I found stuff like that, I'd prolly act a bigger fool because I've never found anything like that. I think these type of shows would be better if at least one episode was just a sit down where they talked about what you really find on average and what you have to go thru to get permission for the sites they get to hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread