Selling scrap gold in the UK. Gold without hallmark. How to sell?

SimonB

Feb 6, 2010
Usually you receive your payment quite quickly but it depends on scrap gold buyer. As a rule, it takes 1 day, but a lot of good dealers send money on the same day. If you require a bank transfer, you will get cash by the end of the same day. I used the service of http://scrap-gold-buyers.co.uk/ and was very satisfied. My payment was quick and the rates were great. I am not sure about hallmarks tho… Sorry…

Attachments

• gold_logo.jpg
    gold_logo.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,139

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would check the karat weight myself first, especially since it isn't marked. The refiner will do the same of course, regardless of hallmarks. This way you will have an idea of what you should be receiving.

Magicstandard

Jul 4, 2011
Most of companies don’t care about hallmarks and they also weigh gold and tell you what it’s worth. Usually scrap gold buyers are honest because if they try and fool you once your business will be lost forever. Good luck with your gold!

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
do a search theres loads ,i got diddled on the weight so make sure you weigh it first before sending off then if its not the same ask them to send it back .they tried to rip me off

hallmarks is imaterial

noble

Sep 21, 2010
gloucester
Detector(s) used
tesoro and lazers
i always take mine to LOIS JEWELLERS BIRMINGHAM they check and weigh it in front of you so you dont have to worry

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
noble said:
i always take mine to LOIS JEWELLERS BIRMINGHAM they check and weigh it in front of you so you dont have to worry
If they are anything like the jewelers across the pond here, they will offer you about 50% of it's value. Better than a pawnbroker but still a lot less than a refiner. Just food for thought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread