ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
need help dating this item english made sissors "routledge /birmingham" photo

I thinking about 1830 to 1864 based on the design type but I'm not 100% sure does anyone know the time frame of these tool makers ?---help!!! their about the size of a smallish pair of sissors --the photo is blown up a fair bit so you can see the lettering / name --those atr the only markings on them --they seem to be made of high carbon steel and they appear to be hand forged --with a post built in one side that goes thru a hole on the other side and which is then pounded flat like a rivet head to keep them together --thus there is no screw like a modern set has --I hope you can help me.

Attachments

• Scissors001.JPG
    Scissors001.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 411
  • Scissors001.JPG
    Scissors001.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 287

rubberdiver13

Dec 19, 2008
worcestershire
Detector(s) used
excalibur 1000, c-scope,laser b2
Re: need help dating this item english made sissors "routledge /birmingham" photo

ivan salis said:
I thinking about 1830 to 1864 based on the design type but I'm not 100% sure does anyone know the time frame of these tool makers ?---help!!! their about the size of a smallish pair of sissors --the photo is blown up a fair bit so you can see the lettering / name --those atr the only markings on them --they seem to be made of high carbon steel and they appear to be hand forged --with a post built in one side that goes thru a hole on the other side and which is then pounded flat like a rivet head to keep them together --thus there is no screw like a modern set has --I hope you can help me.
could be from sheffield...but im no expert, will have a look at the books here in the library and let you know

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: need help dating this item english made sissors "routledge /birmingham" photo

thanks let me know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread