Drakien

Jul 13, 2005
St George, UT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in West Jordan.
Well, I made a trip to California and came back with a blue bowl. lol I have used it a little in my backyard with dirt that came from California. I really want to put it to use. I just have no one to go with that knows of some places to pan for gold. I currently only have like 4-5 gold pans and a blue bowl. But I want to get a sluice eventually. I have a bounty hunter pioneer101 MD. (cheap I know, but it was a christmas present like 4-5 years ago lol)

What I am trying to say, does anyone know of some good places to go and want to go with me? lol

OP
OP
Drakien

Drakien

Jul 13, 2005
St George, UT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought the book "A Guide To Gold Panning In Utah" By Alan Chenworth.

So locations are not my big concern anymore. So moreless I am just looking for someone to go prospecting with.

I have looked into joining the clubs, Just waiting for some funds to join.

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
:coffee2: I live in Layton,ut but I am on the road at this time, Hopeing to be back soon? ???

OP
OP
Drakien

Drakien

Jul 13, 2005
St George, UT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should be getting a late Christmas present from my mom within the week. (sluice) :D

I am willing to go almost anytime. There are a few places that I would like to go to.

One is down by Delta area, the other is a public panning area.

Never had much luck up A.F. Canyon

Purrdee

Dec 9, 2008
Davis Co. Utah
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
WOW...I can barely think going out much less getting wet and freezing....keep me post on how you do....I've got some locations I am planning to MD once the snow begins to melt.

OP
OP
Drakien

Drakien

Jul 13, 2005
St George, UT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Fever is enough to keep me going rain or shine, or snow for that matter. lol I just need someone to go with :)

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Drakien said:
I should be getting a late Christmas present from my mom within the week. (sluice) :D

I am willing to go almost anytime. There are a few places that I would like to go to.

One is down by Delta area, the other is a public panning area.

Never had much luck up A.F. Canyon
A F Canyon would that be American Fork never been or pan that one, can you tell me more about it,
don't lough but the firs place i hit with pans and sluice was at Willard bay or i should say east of it and yes i did fine color there,
but remember that i did not have the know how to back then, and have not been there since, reason was we moved to Texas but now we are back i will hit it in spring with the know how should do a lot better.
Were abouts in A F Canyon??

rjwmam

Jul 4, 2008
Salt Lake City
If you go up American Fork Canyon you will want to go all the way up to Mary Ellen Gulch. If you plan on using your sluice up there don't forget to get your sluice/dredging permit. You can get it online at http://www.waterrights.utah.gov/strmalt/rds.asp. So Drakien, where did you get your blue bowl? Was it at Pioneer Motherload Mining Supply in Auburn? That's my old home town. I sure wish that I lived back there since that's where you can find some serious placer deposits. You also might want to try going to Marysville, UT up Bullion Canyon. It might be kind of hard to get up there right now with all the snow though. Same thing with AF Canyon. A lot of the roads are even closed right now. But once the snow melts and the water levels drop down to below flood level I would be happy to go with you. If you don't mind road trips Just outside of Prescott, AZ is good on the outskirts of town close to the hills. Gold and silver flake is just sitting on the ground in the dirt. You can see it shining in the sunlight.

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
rjwmam said:
If you go up American Fork Canyon you will want to go all the way up to Mary Ellen Gulch. If you plan on using your sluice up there don't forget to get your sluice/dredging permit. You can get it online at http://www.waterrights.utah.gov/strmalt/rds.asp. So Drakien, where did you get your blue bowl? Was it at Pioneer Motherload Mining Supply in Auburn? That's my old home town. I sure wish that I lived back there since that's where you can find some serious placer deposits. You also might want to try going to Marysville, UT up Bullion Canyon. It might be kind of hard to get up there right now with all the snow though. Same thing with AF Canyon. A lot of the roads are even closed right now. But once the snow melts and the water levels drop down to below flood level I would be happy to go with you. If you don't mind road trips Just outside of Prescott, AZ is good on the outskirts of town close to the hills. Gold and silver flake is just sitting on the ground in the dirt. You can see it shining in the sunlight.
Thank YOU do you need a permit to just pan?.

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
You do not need a permit to pan. Utah is very restrictive about using a sluice or dredge though. There are only a few places where they can be used. Good luck.

OP
OP
Drakien

Drakien

Jul 13, 2005
St George, UT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes rjwmam I did get it from Pioneer Mining. Those guys have a good knowledge! Gave me a good place to go panning not to far from there that proved to be a good location. I will have to check Bullion out sometime. I have heard that willard canyon had some decent gold.

Prescott sounds like it would be a road trip worth taking!

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Drakien said:
Yes rjwmam I did get it from Pioneer Mining. Those guys have a good knowledge! Gave me a good place to go panning not to far from there that proved to be a good location. I will have to check Bullion out sometime. I have heard that willard canyon had some decent gold.

Prescott sounds like it would be a road trip worth taking!
YES I have been to Willard and pan up there and got some color in the pass and plan trying some more soon. IF you can still get up there?

OP
OP
Drakien

Drakien

Jul 13, 2005
St George, UT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last I knew you could still get up there. The only thing that you have to watch out for is the rock quarry. I wonder if there is enough water to run a sluice up there? If that is even legal :icon_study:

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Drakien
I had a friend over in So. Cal.
Who was working himself to a "frazzle" :tard:
He was dry washing
He was finding a little .... and..an occasional small nugget
I lent him my "Gold Stringer" (MD)
He started finding lots of nice nuggets
Needless, to say, he's NOT! Doing any more dry washing :tongue3:
Check out Your "101" for/on nuggets
Do this by getting some lead "bee bees" (shotgun buckshot, etc)
Scatter them on the ground
See how your "101" works on them
If detects them....
Forget the "pan" ( As "U" Know, that's a lot of REAL! HARD! Back Breaking WORK!) :tongue3:
Check those creeks for nuggets ! :icon_scratch:
One! Nugget makes up a LOT! of dust! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Drakien

Drakien

Jul 13, 2005
St George, UT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried the 101 on my vial of gold.
About 2.5 grams, and nothing.
I have played with the settings, and still nothing.

So I was thinking about just getting a new metal detector. Like an Ace250 or something. I cant afford a Gold Stinger or I would already have it! lol

Snacks

Feb 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill Go...

I live in Taylorsville. I just got the bug to Go And Don't know where.
If you Don't know mind that Im new to this and only have a cheep kit that I just got. let me know

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an FYI Willard Canyon has been posted NO MINING. My boy and I was just up there this past weekend.

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drakien- You still into this? I live in Delta and would like to get in to prospecting.

OP
OP
Drakien

Drakien

Jul 13, 2005
St George, UT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still into this yes!
I currently don't get to go out much.
I work Nights on the Weekends.

Since you live in Delta, I'd suggest Amasa Valley and Miller Canyon. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions