Mercur

bruceuth

Apr 21, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
SCORPION GOLD STINER, GTI 1500, gti 2500 ,VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
planning to hit the area in spring. there a dry creek bed going to try a little nugget shooting. i was on the internet and ran across a site and it show a mine over 2000 ft NW from the cemetery. i never knew it was there. going to try to find it. the mine got a bar on it but area look like it need detecting. here the site http://www.panoramio.com/photo/10793394 you see the picture with a mine on it click on it open to a bigger picture then maximize it for a good view of area.

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you get permission to hunt there? Most, or all, of that area is either private land or owned my Rio Tinto Mining.........pretty much the whole mountain's mineral rights are claimed by Rio Tinto or somebody.

OP
OP
bruceuth

bruceuth

Apr 21, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
SCORPION GOLD STINER, GTI 1500, gti 2500 ,VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cleetus said:
Did you get permission to hunt there? Most, or all, of that area is either private land or owned my Rio Tinto Mining.........pretty much the whole mountain's mineral rights are claimed by Rio Tinto or somebody.
it own by barrick they shut down awhile back can't get in to mercur there a fence gate a empty guard shack. i call the area mercur cause the sign on the road call it that. the creek bed name is mercur creek. might not find nothing there. like to hit sunshine too but the mines there belong to someone. so they are off limit. there a creek bed there to that is dry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions