Metal Detecting

spanishgold1

Mar 3, 2011
Utah
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star 2 Pro, Fisher CZ-21, Whites duel field, MineLab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Other
i have personally not had a problem with hunting on BLM land. It seems they have all the good land out there anyway and thats all I hunt when Im out of the city., Plus I never ever see anyone in a in a BLM Government white truck. Federal Land....... Thats where I would stay away even though I have hunted on Federal Land in the middle of no where being the only person out there... good luck. Dont know if that helped, but for 20 years I have never had a problem but then I have never been that close to a National Park either..

mjkerr

Dec 16, 2014
Woodinville, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to me that there is an old ghost town down there, that I've been to but can't remember the name of. It's most well known for having one of the cabins that Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid reportedly hung out in, though, again, I can't remember if that was in real life or just in the movie, but there was also an old school house there, when I went to it in the late '70s. There was an old cemetery there too, and I remember reading some old headstones that mentioned some young girl as having been massacred by indians, either in the very late 1800s or very early 1900s. I thought that was kind of spooky! At that time, there was nothing else around there, development wise, and I don't believe it was in any kind of park, but could have been listed as a historical monument. Not sure if metal detecting is allowed there, but might be worth a look anyway. I just wish I could remember the name of that place. You could probably Google Butch Cassidy cabins?

OP
OP
doitdaily

doitdaily

Nov 13, 2014
Pasadena Ca.
Detector(s) used
Explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both of your responses helped a lot seeing as how I'm relatively new to this and don't want to step on any toes or break any law's... Thanx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions