Any sites in Southern Utah and Nevada

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Can anybody give me some suggestions on where to hunt in the Southern Utah or Southern Nevada area. I am new to the hobby and could use some help. I have been hitting the parks and sports Field but would really like to find a older spot that might still have a few relics or old coins.

They are doing ground work on a site of an old fort that was built in 1865. It has been a hay field for as long as I can remember & I thought with them taking off the top soil it might produce something. Either I am not sufficient with my MXT yet or there is nothing to be found but a few old nails, any suggestion for hunting this spot.

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it were me, I would grid the area and search in Relic mode on the MXT. Keep hunting and dig and document all your finds. Eventually you could
come across a high target area that could give an indication of what part of the old fort you are in.

I believe old forts and military installations followed the same general layout and by documenting you might be able to figure out where the better
spots are. I am sure the veteran relic hunters here can elaborate and give you some guidance.

Good Luck
Wish I could hunt that ground
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread