Availability? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Availability?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2017
    Franklin, KY
    Equinox 800 XP Deus Vanquish 540
    90 times
    Metal Detecting
    Just got my 540 pro pack. Can't wait to try the 8" coil in some of my nail infested sites. Was going to buy the 6" for the Nox, but wanted a second detector for backup and occasional friends. The 8" coil sold me on the Vanquish since it shares the Nox DNA.
    Iffy Signals likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    632 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Glad to hear a couple of you got them.. tell santa that Dicks Sporting Goods in Warwick RI has them in stock and will ship them. I am very impressed with it and kinda like the feel of it better than my Nox. I misunderstood the Zlink question but yes if you are using the transmitter than it will plug into the Vanquish with an 1/8 inch adaptor. I thought you were asking if just the headphones would pair up to the bluetooth. Hoping to get out this weekend. The pro pack with the 12 & 8” coils is awesome.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    632 times
    I bought my son the Simplex and really wish i had held off.. now i have to sell that and get him a Vanquish lol.

us
    Author, Treasures of the Eastern Shore and Pirates of the Eastern Shore

Nov 2015
    Maryland's Eastern Shore
    Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
    91 times
    I almost asked for the Simplex until I watched your videos. The two things that sold me were the sturdier construction and the same guts as the Nox 600.
    Iffy Signals likes this.

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    4114 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Iffy Signals View Post
    Glad to hear a couple of you got them.. tell santa that Dicks Sporting Goods in Warwick RI has them in stock and will ship them. I am very impressed with it and kinda like the feel of it better than my Nox. I misunderstood the Zlink question but yes if you are using the transmitter than it will plug into the Vanquish with an 1/8 inch adaptor. I thought you were asking if just the headphones would pair up to the bluetooth. Hoping to get out this weekend. The pro pack with the 12 & 8” coils is awesome.

It's funny because I wondered if the cheaper vanquish would have better ergonomics due to the S shaft.
    Iffy Signals likes this.

us
    Dec 2017
    Franklin, KY
    90 times
    Metal Detecting
    I love my Nox, but the Vanquish definitely feels more ergonomic and just fits better in my hand. Probably leave the 8" coil on and just use it for heavy iron/trash sites. The coin mode already has the biggest trash #'s notched out.
    Iffy Signals likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    632 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    It's funny because I wondered if the cheaper vanquish would have better ergonomics due to the S shaft.
    They did a great job on the layout & the coils.. some people are gonna be turned off with the Red and not waterproof but its an awesome machine. Fast, Deep, Nox clear tones, and Multi IQ.

us
    Dec 2017
    Franklin, KY
    90 times
    Metal Detecting
    Finally took the Vanquish to one of my colonial nail beds today. I was disappointed because it was really falsing on the square nails. It would hit in the 20's until I got the nail out of the ground. Really likes the iron halos I guess. The Nox chirps on them but you can tell it's iron if you turn on them and the signal cuts out. Really has me second guessing the Vanquish. I can try to video it falsing if anyone wants to see how bad it was.
    vferrari likes this.

us

Nov 2015
    Maryland's Eastern Shore
    Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
    91 times
    I'd like to see something on that. I asked for a Vanquish from Santa based on the great iron performance on the Equinox and will be upset if I go to a nail infested site and dig square nails all day long.

us
    Dec 2017
    Franklin, KY
    90 times
    Metal Detecting
    I would definitely spend the extra $ and go for the Equinox 600. You can get a free 6" coil with them right now. This guy's write up is on par with my experience so far. The Vanquish sucks in iron. An awesome beginners machine in clean ground that is almost as deep as the Equinox. You will want to pull your hair out and regret buying it if you do any relic hunting. Once the word gets out about it's performance it will be hard to resell unless there is a miracle and they update the firmware.
    https://www.detectorprospector.com/f...-vanquish-540/
    Andy Nunez and vferrari like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    7132 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Nunez View Post
    According to a dealer friend of mine, the big dealers will have units in stock the end of December, early January.
    Very poor timing for XMAS!
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

us
    Dec 2017
    Franklin, KY
    90 times
    Metal Detecting
    I also don't believe the Vanquish shares any DNA with the Equinox except for multi IQ. There are just too many differences between them with my testing. I was expecting a dumbed down Equinox, but the Vanquish seems to be truly on par with it's intended yellow target.
    Iffy Signals and vferrari like this.

us

Nov 2015
    Maryland's Eastern Shore
    91 times
    And that would really suck, because being on a budget, I was hoping the Vanquish would punch above its weight in comparison to my ACE 400, which is a great field machine, but can't do well in high iron and really sucks on the beach. I needed something around old churches, where they have little nails everywhere for camp meetings, displays and stuff like that. I also wanted a good beach machine but it doesn't have to be waterproof because I can't swim anyway. Youtubers like Gigmaster and Iffy Signals have been indicating that the Vanquish 540 is great in both. Not perfect, as the latest Iffy Signals head to head with the Simplex vs. the Vanquish with iron close by targets shows, but still way above my yellow fellow. I went to an old (1820s) site with an 1870s church and a campground in the back and the first time I went, I got 3 large cents and a 2 reale. I bring my friend with the Nox and he got 9 silvers and over a dozen other coins. I got an IHP and a Buffalo nickle. I was hoping that the Vanquish could at least hold its own in high trash, but I guess I was expecting too much.
    Iffy Signals likes this.

us
    Dec 2017
    Franklin, KY
    90 times
    Metal Detecting
    That's what Iffy Signals was showing in is last video. When you mix in iron, the Vanquish didn't do as well. In clean ground/sand it is a decent detector. Even the Simplex stutters in difficult situations. Hard to get a good relic machine under $500 -$600.
    Iffy Signals likes this.

us

Nov 2015
    Maryland's Eastern Shore
    91 times
    Yeah, I saw that video. I am not in an area where big iron or iron relics of any collectible value show up, but am in an area that goes back to the 1600s with lots of old camp meeting grounds and colonial era churches. My big nemesis are nails of all sizes. If the Vanquish can get through them better than my yellow fellow, then it's worth the money. If not, well, if I get one under the tree, at least I'll have a decent beach machine, I guess. If Santa doesn't give me one, thoiugh, I am going to save up for a Nox and just live with the fact that my friend with a Nox will destroy any site I take him too.
    Iffy Signals likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links