Availability?

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to figure out if this will perform better in trashy areas than the Simplex. I need something that's competitive in sites where there are lots of nails and stuff. EMF from powerlines bother me too with my good old 400. I also need to know if Vanquish 540 will be compatible with my Z-Lynk MS-3 Headphones. Any news would be helpful including a release date. Read the manual online. Seems simple enough to use. Thanks! :)

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to a dealer friend of mine, the big dealers will have units in stock the end of December, early January.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi keep an eye on dicks sporting goods. I got my Vanquish 540 pro pack there. 540 can use any bluetooth headphones but should be APTX LL.. same as Equinox. I posted a couple of videos.

I do not think you can link your zlink to it. Needs to be bluetooth.

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Iffy. I did a Google search on the Vanquish and there were indications you could use the Z-lynk, but I also see up on the Nox thread that there is a company that makes identical bluetooth for about half the price Minelab charges. Still haven't made up my mind or checked my account. I'd like to have a Nox, but it may or may not happen. I really need something that is less affected by powerlines than anything else. I know the Nox is good under them because I saw a guy destroy an area with one (9 silvers!) but hoped that the Vanquish would be good in that regard also. Having to pay extra for headphones bumps the price back toward the 600.

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched your Youtube videos and your hunt with Bill Ladd. It's hard to choose between those two machines, but it looks to me like the high iron bias of the Vanquish 540 is more useful in places where there are a lot of nails and iron junk from farmsteads now vanished into fields. Bill Ladd makes any machine seem impressive, but I have heard that the Simplex lower shaft is a bit wobbly. That 2 reale was a nice find and just about made up my mind for me.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Andy, I just read the whole writeup on the Vanquish that you posted.. great info. I think the author was just showing available wireless headphones in general. The wireless feature on the Vanquish is the same as the Equinox using APTX LL or most other Bluetooth headphones. I know the zlink will not work with the Nox and pretty sure will not work with the Vanquish.. maybe i’m wrong. That would be cool and yes the Vanquish is very impressive and the iron bias works great and is very easy to swap from high to low while hunting.

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the vanquish 540 propack. Got it from dicks online. I really like it. Iron bias is the real deal and both my nox 800 and now the vanquish will do very well in and around the iron. I've seen several vids of the simplex that high tones on iron. So turning off iron tone doesn't help when it tones up in the mid to high tones. Running the V through my test garden made me feel like it is a very good detector at an even better price.. love how it collapses down like my Deus. I like simple and the equinox made all of my other detectors vanish lol was down to nox 800 and an older Deus (backup). May sell the Deus now as I do like the platform minelab has now...

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Wild Bill,
I am on a budget and was a solid Garrett man for years (have owned 4 of them) and Bounty Hunter before that, so switching to a non-US company is going to be a little tough, but I understand that they have a service center in the Carolinas now, so that helps my decision making. Much as I would love a Nox, it's not in the cards. If not for Christmas, won't be long after if things go my way. The Vanquish is in a sweet spot for me. I am hunting more trashy areas like old home sites in woods and old church yards where nails are everywhere, so I need a real solid iron bias feature and good separation. The beach is a bonus for me. I want to be able to hunt wet sand when I retire and Garretts suck as beach machines. Everybody keep their fingers crossed and maybe I'll see red shortly.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Wild Bill,
I am on a budget and was a solid Garrett man for years (have owned 4 of them) and Bounty Hunter before that, so switching to a non-US company is going to be a little tough, but I understand that they have a service center in the Carolinas now, so that helps my decision making. Much as I would love a Nox, it's not in the cards. If not for Christmas, won't be long after if things go my way. The Vanquish is in a sweet spot for me. I am hunting more trashy areas like old home sites in woods and old church yards where nails are everywhere, so I need a real solid iron bias feature and good separation. The beach is a bonus for me. I want to be able to hunt wet sand when I retire and Garretts suck as beach machines. Everybody keep their fingers crossed and maybe I'll see red shortly.

Vanquish 540 is a great choice if you like simple.. if you can afford it get the propack with the 8” and 12” coil. After a full days hunt i am very impressed with it. Love how the iron bias is low/high at one push of a button to check for big iron.

Update. I have the Deus as well and would pickup the Vanquish with the 8” coil for an iron relic site over the deus after seeing what it can do. Just my opinion.. very impressive machine & with the same multi iq frequency as the Nox. Its really awesome in the field.

I have some videos of it in action if interested on my youtube ch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have watched 3 or four of your Youtube so far, Iffy. It's the one for me as soon as I can afford one if I don't get one for Christmas. I stressed the utility of the Pro-Pack in my lobbying to Santa. If you read Western and Eastern Treasures, you can see what I have been finding with a Garrett 400, so having a more powerful machine will definitely up my target recovery. Thanks again! :)

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got home from a hunt using the 540 and 12" coil. I have the propack and let me tell ya, it's pretty sweet. No complaints . Plenty deep and very accurate ID.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to clarify something, Z-link is Garrett's proprietary wireless audio system. However, it can be used with any detector that has an audio plug. You may need a 1/4"-1/8" adapter, but the only thing the Z-link is doing is taking the headphone output, converting it to wireless signal then you plug your headphones into the wireless receiver.

Minelab's WM system is the same concept except that the transmitter it built into the detector. that doesn mean you couldnt use z-link if you already had it.

Does the V come with a WM transmitter? I havent seen the final roll-out features.

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has built in Bluetooth just like the equinox. The 540 propack comes with wireless headphones and 8" coil along with 12" coil.

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I am not sure if there is going to be one under the Christmas tree or not or if it will be with the Pro-Pack or not. I have lobbied for the Pro-Pack version, but we shall see. As Jason said, the Z-lynk would probably work with an adapter and it's touted to be faster than blue-tooth, but if I can get the Pro-Pack, then I wouldn't need to worry about that. Thanks for all the tips, guys. I've been doing pretty good with my Ace 400 setup but there are some places that the Minelab clearly, well...Vanquishes the Garrett (High trash and beach).

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got my 540 pro pack. Can't wait to try the 8" coil in some of my nail infested sites. Was going to buy the 6" for the Nox, but wanted a second detector for backup and occasional friends. The 8" coil sold me on the Vanquish since it shares the Nox DNA.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear a couple of you got them.. tell santa that Dicks Sporting Goods in Warwick RI has them in stock and will ship them. I am very impressed with it and kinda like the feel of it better than my Nox. I misunderstood the Zlink question but yes if you are using the transmitter than it will plug into the Vanquish with an 1/8 inch adaptor. I thought you were asking if just the headphones would pair up to the bluetooth. Hoping to get out this weekend. The pro pack with the 12 & 8” coils is awesome.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my son the Simplex and really wish i had held off.. now i have to sell that and get him a Vanquish lol.

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost asked for the Simplex until I watched your videos. The two things that sold me were the sturdier construction and the same guts as the Nox 600.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear a couple of you got them.. tell santa that Dicks Sporting Goods in Warwick RI has them in stock and will ship them. I am very impressed with it and kinda like the feel of it better than my Nox. I misunderstood the Zlink question but yes if you are using the transmitter than it will plug into the Vanquish with an 1/8 inch adaptor. I thought you were asking if just the headphones would pair up to the bluetooth. Hoping to get out this weekend. The pro pack with the 12 & 8” coils is awesome.

It's funny because I wondered if the cheaper vanquish would have better ergonomics due to the S shaft.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions