My Vanquish 540 Review.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Great video!! Vanquish can sure find the goods. Really nice haul on the silver!! I think they made a winner with the Vanquish. I was so excited when Garrett had announced a new sport detector coming out and I think the Apex fell really short with what they said it could do and what it can really do. It sure looked good coming out of the gate. On the beach the Vanquish blows it away in the salt wet and water and even inland amongst iron. I’m so disappointed with Garrett for putting out a multi pos. All that hype for an over priced piece of crap. I do like Garrett’s as I still have my AT pro but this was a big “dud”coming out of the gate. Vanquish costs half as much and it’s twice the detector.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry do you still have your Equinox 800?

I had the Equinox 600 IGH, but recently sold it to an English veteran in Rothbury, England. I will probably replace it at some point, but I test a lot of machines for different companies, and at this moment, the Vanquish is doing the job.:occasion14:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I had the Equinox 600 IGH, but recently sold it to an English veteran in Rothbury, England. I will probably replace it at some point, but I test a lot of machines for different companies, and at this moment, the Vanquish is doing the job.:occasion14:
I’m excited to see what Minelab has next to come out!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How much Clad did I dig in November with the Vanquish 540? Respond to the video above on Youtube in the comments to enter my Free Drawing! Mystery Prize on Dec. 22:skullflag:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhh ahhh mysetery prize...... I love a mystery prize.... its such a mystery... that its a real prize.

:)

Um... oh yeah... ummmmmmmm errrrrrrrrrrrr..........

119 quarters... 16 dimes... 43 nickels.... and ummmmm... errrr.... 13,346 pennies... and a Chuck E Cheese token.

Oh sheesh... and a fake Gold escudo... which still qualifies as a clad in my book.

:P

PS... IF you dug that many pennies... you wouldn't have a back anymore. heh

Iggy_AZ

Sep 26, 2020
Phoenix Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Minelab SD2200V2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After a lot of research I finally decided on the Minelab Vanquish 540 and picked it up with the Pro Pack.
The reason I selected it is because Minelab is know to make great gold detectors way before anyone else did.
I used to have a highend Minelab for gold detecting here in Arizona. Yes I found plenty but that was years ago. (I will try and find some pictures)
So I decided to stick with Minelab and not buy a Garrett Ace APEX which was an early idea.
Minelab is giving Garrett a run for its money as a super easy multi frequency machine at a reasonable price.
The Vanquish 540 scans is 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40 kHz which is amazing.
It will automatically scan all of freq. and very fast recovery speed as you may have seen in lots of YouTube videos.

So no snow in Phoenix AZ so lets go detecting in 2021!

Anyway looking forward in using it on the next sandy beach I find this year and will look around some parks in my area.

I do plan on using the smaller coil V8 as it seem to be a nice smaller size and does a fine job picking upi targets sharply.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After a lot of research I finally decided on the Minelab Vanquish 540 and picked it up with the Pro Pack.
The reason I selected it is because Minelab is know to make great gold detectors way before anyone else did.
I used to have a highend Minelab for gold detecting here in Arizona. Yes I found plenty but that was years ago. (I will try and find some pictures)
So I decided to stick with Minelab and not buy a Garrett Ace APEX which was an early idea.
Minelab is giving Garrett a run for its money as a super easy multi frequency machine at a reasonable price.
The Vanquish 540 scans is 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40 kHz which is amazing.
It will automatically scan all of freq. and very fast recovery speed as you may have seen in lots of YouTube videos.

So no snow in Phoenix AZ so lets go detecting in 2021!

Anyway looking forward in using it on the next sandy beach I find this year and will look around some parks in my area.

I do plan on using the smaller coil V8 as it seem to be a nice smaller size and does a fine job picking upi targets sharply.

Don't forget all the Volleyball sand courts!!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Ive been treasure hunting now for 27 years hunting hard with various machines.

I have had most of the best top of the lines you could buy. I spend a lot of time hunting. I've been working the vanquish lately in some heavily hunted areas and it's been producing some amazing finds.

This is after hunting these areas hard with the 3030, Nox, Deus, E trac, V3i, DFX etc. Although the vanquish isn't a bells and wistles machine it performs and has raw power.

Minelab deserves an award for there cutting edge multi I.Q technology. The coil size and seperation is a killer combo. I'm really starting to believe you don't have to have the best machines to find the goods.

Looking forward to working this little machine hard in 2021.

Jer

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a question would a vanquish be a good detector for finding a brass 35 kilo target at 3 feet deep or a 21" torpedo at 4 feet deep ...My cheap dad said he buy me a detector he gave me a map of these targets i know he won't spend much and what would they ID # couldn't find any mention of large targets

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry ... still using the 540 ?

IF so... update please as to opinion.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry ... still using the 540 ?

IF so... update please as to opinion.

The Best machine on the market in its price range, hands down!:occasion14:

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see 550.00 or about price, I view all brands, I’m waiting on the new notka makro multi machine , why it’s the only one being talked about released this fall, terry when they compete with your minelab 800 I’m going to listen why not, this company seems to be legit

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see 550.00 or about price, I view all brands, I’m waiting on the new notka makro multi machine , why it’s the only one being talked about released this fall, terry when they compete with your minelab 800 I’m going to listen why not, this company seems to be legit

I could not agree more! Nokta/Makro has agreed to sponsor my Youtube and Go Treasure Hunting Facebook page, and I'll be very excited to use their new Multi-Freq machine! I'll also be getting a machine to give away, and hopefully the Anfibio to review as well. Right now however, for the money, the Vanquish 540 with the V12 coil is unbeatable for the price.:occasion14:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry great video and well said

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread