Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
ProFind 35
Minelab Equinox 800 (just sold)
Minelab Vanquish 540
ProFind 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...about 3 years ago i started out with a X-terra 505... two years ago i ordered an Equinox 800 and only used it a couple of times when i developed major heart problems (i'm 73) and had to sell it. It's taken two years but i'm ready to hit the beach again. Tomorrow i'll take my 540 for a run... this Vanquish seems so much lighter than the Nox..

Iggy_AZ

Sep 26, 2020
Phoenix Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Minelab SD2200V2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your recovery and enjoy the Vanquish 540. I do.
Wish I was down in Florida and I'd walk the beach detecting with you.

Iggy in Arizona

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard good things about the Vanquish. I think you'll like it.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had aNox 600 and regretted selling it. I got a vanquish 440 but wasn’t so thrilled with it. Have now a new equinox 600 ( 11” coil) and a second one with 6” coil. Vanquish is a good machine , just prefer the Nox

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm holding out for the next gen FBS machine. I just hope they keep the iron vdi combo because just the equinox vdi doesn't work for me personally. The 600 is a good machine probably should have kept mine and put more hours in on it.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm holding out for the next gen FBS machine. I just hope they keep the iron vdi combo because just the equinox vdi doesn't work for me personally. The 600 is a good machine probably should have kept mine and put more hours in on it.

There likely will not be a next generation FBS machine. Multi IQ and its next generation variants have likely supplanted FBS. I think ML recognizes that speed is the most important parameter nowadays because VLF depth has hit its limit, it’s all about unmasking in trash now. ML is likely working on a CTX replacement that incorporates Multi IQ that is refined to give precise high conductor ID in trash and at depth with sophisticated discrimination like the CTX/eTrac combined with the excellent recovery speed, mid-conductor performance and multiple MultiF profiles like the Nox.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread