jeffinmich

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
SE MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be brief and to the point. I've emailed three companies, asking for a price on a package deal that includes a detector, extra coil, pinpointer, etc. I've emailed two of the companies...KellyCo and Big Boys Hobbies twice, and never received a reply. So I emailed Dennis at Metaldetectors.com. and he replied the same day. I'll be talking to him by phone in a couple days (I've been sick with a hacking cough and it's painful to talk right now). I have no idea why I never heard from anyone else, but it leaves me "less than impressed" with them.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say that I believe it must have been a fluke with BBH as Bart ALWAYS returns calls to me usually within minutes. Same with Emails.

OP
OP
J

jeffinmich

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
SE MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had read all the good reviews on here about Bart being quick to respond, so I'm a little surprised myself. But I still haven't heard from him or KellyCo, and I'm not going to beg someone to take my money. There's too many other companies I can buy from.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a weird fluke not hearing back from Bart. Must have caught him on his day off. I hlgot an email back from him within minutes.

OP
OP
J

jeffinmich

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
SE MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a weird fluke not hearing back from Bart. Must have caught him on his day off. I hlgot an email back from him within minutes.

I'm not too sure I would call it a fluke. Once, maybe. Twice, no. And I would think even if he was off he would have responded the following day. I'm not implying either him or the company is untrustworthy and not to deal with him. I'm just passing on my experience with them. For all I know, he may be sick too and out of the office. It didn't help that KellyCo also hasn't replied. I tried to go with the two most popular and highest rated companies, but for whatever reason I didn't have the great experience that most other customers seem to have with them.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Make sure you have the latest email address for bigboyhobbies. I sent a email to Bart to an outdated email address and received no response until I called and he answered right away!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just checked all emails again. All are verified and answered on my end.

Can you PM me your email address and I will see if I can find it? We are not having any issues I know of. I want to look into this.

Thanks, Bart.

OP
OP
J

jeffinmich

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
SE MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart,
I just sent you an email from the same address I sent you the previous ones from.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be brief and to the point. I've emailed three companies, asking for a price on a package deal that includes a detector, extra coil, pinpointer, etc. I've emailed two of the companies...KellyCo and Big Boys Hobbies twice, and never received a reply. So I emailed Dennis at Metaldetectors.com. and he replied the same day. I'll be talking to him by phone in a couple days (I've been sick with a hacking cough and it's painful to talk right now). I have no idea why I never heard from anyone else, but it leaves me "less than impressed" with them.
Did you check your spam folder, many times they end up in there.....

If you need, you can also talk to Kellyco here, Chriskellyco is a Kellyco rep and he stops in here every day here to check for problems......

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jeffinmich

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
SE MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you check your spam folder, many times they end up in there.....

If you need, you can also talk to Kellyco here, Chriskellyco is a Kellyco rep and he stops in here every day here to check for problems......
Yes, I checked the spam folder. Nothing. I also checked my "sent" folder to make sure my emails did get sent. I really don't know what happened, but I was able to get a good deal from Dennis at MetalDetectors.com, so it turned out alright.

laserguy

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to poke the bear but I had the exact same experience a little over a week ago (can't remember the exact day but it was between the 20th and 24th). I went to BBH website and went to the Contact link at the bottom of a page. I was taken to a form submission page where I filled in my name, address and email and in the comment section I noted that I was after a specific item that I could not find on your website. I also did the same on another dealer's website who also carries the same brand. I never received an answer from either of you (and before someone comments, no, there wasn't anything put into spam folder). Not a big deal now as I contacted the manufacturer direct and they took care of me. I'm not upset that I didn't get an answer. I'm just mentioning it since this thread was here and you need to know that this does happen on occasion.

Last edited:

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To get the quickest response from BBH. a quick phone call will get us usually 2nd ring.. Let me know if we can help..

laserguy

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To get the quickest response from BBH. a quick phone call will get us usually 2nd ring.. Let me know if we can help..

That would work great if you had an 800 toll free number. As it is, I don't have long distance phone service which is why I used the Contact Us page to start with.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would work great if you had an 800 toll free number. As it is, I don't have long distance phone service which is why I used the Contact Us page to start with.
You can also PM us on here..

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know sometimes things get missed. It happens and in business it is usually not intentional.

laserguy

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also PM us on here..

And I'll remember that for the future. Unfortunately as I noted on my original post, the problem happened back around the 20th-24th of Mar. I didn't find and join this forum until the 26th. And like I said, no big deal since the manufacturer was able to help me. Thanks.

Gene@Kellyco

Dec 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Jeffinmich, its unacceptable that you didn't receive a response from us. I really need to find out where the ball was dropped so if you do not mind shooting me a PM or email with your email address so I can trace it and see if it was human error or see if something is wrong with our system. It would be greatly appreciated and a huge help. I am sorry that this happened to you but I also want to make sure it doesn't continue to happen. Thanks and once again your help would be greatly appreciated.

Gene Knight
Director of International
and Domestic Sales
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions