Kelleyco Repair Dept.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to relate my experience with the Kellyco Service Department.

Many months back I traded a Nokta Fors Core detector to someone for another detector that I had. I didn't use the Nokta for a few months because we had to have the detector I traded serviced (long story, the other trader wanted it repaired and sent back to him). In the meantime I kept the Nokta in the box and waited until he was satisfied before I took it out. I then used the Nokta twice and the screen started to freeze up at start-up. Needless to say, I was very disappointed, but I don't think the other guy knew there was an issue.

I contacted Kelleyco repair and they told me to send it to them ASAP because the warranty was going out. A little more than a month ago (April 2016) I sent the control box, upper shaft and handle to them. Then in May I was coming up toward a month without hear from them and I was worried so I gave them a call one day. I spoke to a nice gentleman in the repair department who went over and took a look at my machine and told me he thinks my machine was one of the older models with the old control pad and he would get them to start work on it the next day. This was just last week and a few days later I had my detector back and working.

I get the impression that they extremely backed up work wise. The caveat to not having the repairs done very quickly and I had to follow up was the fact that they honored what was left of the warranty and I wasn't out of pocket anything more than the shipping to them. The man I spoke to was extremely professional and like he stated the detector was repaired and I had it within 72 hours after speaking with him. Other than an email over to them (which was answered quickly btw), shipping and a follow up call it was a rather painless process. I haven't used the detector other than initially testing it so I can't attest further but the repair seems good so far.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread