Fort Wait

Midnightrider08

Mar 9, 2008
Northern Vt Border
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Anyone ever been there ? Or have pictures of what is there ? I've read conflicting reports that what is there is either a fort or the remains of copper mine but nobody seems to know forsure. It's said copper can still be seen in vein form near the site. Anyone got any info. Not that I'd make it there anytime soon but am curious as to what it looks like.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I live a few miles from the "Fort" Although not to metal detect, I have been there a handfull of times over the years.
The place really looks no different than any other of the MANY cellar holes and stonewalls arround the state.

Here are a few pics from a book that I have........

VPR

Attachments

• IMG_7453_1_1.JPG
    IMG_7453_1_1.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_7451_1_1.JPG
    IMG_7451_1_1.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_7452_1_1.JPG
    IMG_7452_1_1.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 455
OP
OP
Midnightrider08

Midnightrider08

Mar 9, 2008
Northern Vt Border
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Very Nice !!! Many thanks for the pic and time it took to locate it. I suppose if you've seen one VT stonewall and cellar you seen them all . Is it your opinion that it was a fort or copper operation ?

I also am looking for pics or info on CCC Camp Smith below the Little River State Park (ricker basin) and a book that was written about the area but I can't remember the book's title or the author.

Again many thanks .

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
As far as the site being a fort or mining opperation I am not sure. My brother in law works for the White farm in Cookeville. I bet That I could get permission the hunt the far pastures......

There are the Corinth copper mines only a few miles away also. Lots of stuff to find arround this area.

VPR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread