any Vermonters reading the VT forum?

OP
OP
stilllookin

stilllookin

Apr 3, 2010
Vermont
It's been a while. Sorry I didn't respond to those of you who may have been expecting one. I've recently joined the historical society in our town and met another person interested in metal detecting etc. He has stirred my interest once again so I will do my best to rspond to any who visit this thread. "vermont, what state is that in?" I've heard that before. LOL

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are in New York...I'd love to find a good prospecting spot in Vermont

Sorry for the late response.....there are a few in the hills above Ripton, where the forked creek comes together and further upstreams.....nuggets have been pulled out with other small placers deposits found......nothing more than an ounce per day MAX......but still so beautiful panning

AngelyKatsy

Aug 4, 2015
NY
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hi i'm new to this forum and i am also from NY. I am planning on driving to Vermont with my wife as we are new to prospecting for gold and are very interested in finding our first nuggets or flakes of gold. Would you happen to have GPS coordinates of good spots to prospect in VT? we are not familiar with the area at all so coordinates would help us out greatly. Thanks in advance.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi i'm new to this forum and i am also from NY. I am planning on driving to Vermont with my wife as we are new to prospecting for gold and are very interested in finding our first nuggets or flakes of gold. Would you happen to have GPS coordinates of good spots to prospect in VT? we are not familiar with the area at all so coordinates would help us out greatly. Thanks in advance.

Best chance for prospecting nuggets and small flakes is the part where the tuning fork-looking rivers converge in Ripton, right at the union of the two rivers, and further up the canyons in either directions.

If you want some info on gold in Richmond.....here's some photos from when I went scouting the ridge lines of the Green Mountains there.

0702151855.jpg 0702151855a.jpg 0702151856.jpg 0702151856_0001.jpg 0702151856a.jpg 0702151856b.jpg 0702151857.jpg 0702151858.jpg 0702151858a.jpg 0702151900.jpg 0702151900a.jpg

The ore laden stone is embedded in bituminous coal, and shale, and forms a burnt black rock dike through a certain strata that is formed from granite, quartz, and other sedimentaries thrown in, as seen the cuts in I-89.

It was encased in a large vein of black charred rock from the pressure and heat when the earth was folded and torn in these areas.

I found these stones layong around the railroad and was impressed at the metal content.

i need to grab a gold testing kit for this stuff....as you can see there is quite a bit of the metal, and it could be something legit if I can test it out.

Geonek

Dec 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to forum. I am interested in panning detecting looking for old bottles. Digging around old foundations. Live in the northeast kingdom of TV. Have seen people panning but never had time to see how they were doing

802vthunter

Aug 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anybody still using this thread? I live in northern vermont and have been detecting for about 6 years. I have found the normal coins here and there but nothing silver. Well, I did find a 64 quarter in my driveway. Always looking for people to go with or new sites to explore. Anybody else in northern vermont interested in metal detecting? Always have wanted to search smuggs and the area. Also doing research now on DAVID JARVIS buried treasure now, would be cool to give that a try. Anybody ever search the middlesex area? If anyone still looks at this thread it is pretty old. happy hunting and good luck

pkr

Aug 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. Im new to the forum and metal detecting itself. Got my first metal detector today. Ive never done any gold panning before but would be willing to learn if anyone were to take me aboard. Im from the white river junction area.

DiverDann

Feb 25, 2014
Southern Vermont
Detector(s) used
Fischer F2, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm reading the VT threads now! Took me a while get here. Hope some of you are still active!

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi folks. If anyone's still out there that reads this forum this is BTV Digger (John). I live in the Burlington area and have been detecting for about 3 years now. I've been lucky to find a number of old relics and coins from across the northern part of the state and the Champlain Valley of NY. I've hunted with several local detectorists, some who find some crazy-good stuff as well. However, I'm always interested in connecting with other MD enthusiasts in my area and started a YT channel earlier this year with some of my better finds to help that process. Snow will soon put a halt on detecting, but am out in nearly all weather outside the snow season.

jrib1

Jul 22, 2016
Ascutney, VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 , Bounty Hunter, Keene dredge/hibanker, Keene sluice, Garrett. Pinpointed, rock crusher, miller table, gold miner spiral wheel,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
wow not much activity in VT, good time to fine tune equip in the garage

Odokevin

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2017
NEK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro-pointer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey all, new guy here. Not sure what to say, just hoping to revive this thread. pretty inexperienced, hoping to get any tips anyone might offer. so long as the thread can come back

Cylon_Detector

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2014
Southern VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Fisher F2, Lesche Ball handle shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in Southern Vermont and recommend everyone in Vermont join our group Southern Vermont Metal Detrcting on Facebook.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while. Sorry I didn't respond to those of you who may have been expecting one. I've recently joined the historical society in our town and met another person interested in metal detecting etc. He has stirred my interest once again so I will do my best to rspond to any who visit this thread. "vermont, what state is that in?" I've heard that before. LOL

Down by Podunk...a town of population 63

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0918151515.jpg
0925151250.jpg
0925151532a.jpg
0925151532d.jpg
1008151135.jpg
1008151431.jpg
0925151546.jpg

Klondike my good friends....vermont is loaded

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burlington area here, looking to connect with other Vermonters for Spring 2018 metal detector hunting.

Vermonter here.

In Jericho.....looking to get together ..... PM is you want to hit up the Vault this year and have experience in Vertical Recovery

Smuggs Cave Zoom.jpg

Rick Dangerous

Sep 12, 2018
St. Albans, VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all! New member from the St. Albans area. Looking forward to combing the state far and wide for treasure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions